My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DeereTech1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After running my machine for about 7 months, I was getting very tired of the rocks and sticks being thrown on my MMM. Checked with my dealer and was told that I could not put front fenders on my tractor. WRONG ANSWER!!! After hunting for a while I came across the fenders for a X729, mounts would not work even with modification, so, time to break out the welder and chop saw. After about half a day of metal fab, here is the final result

Attachments

·
DeereTech1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, you sure showed them!
How do they work?
Don't think I have shown anybody yet, still have to field test em. Then weatherman is calling to snow the next couple of days so maybe they'll hold up to pushing snow. Texas yes, but too far north to run the mower for another month or two.

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Nice adaptation! :thThumbsU

·
Registered
7 Posts
I may be wrong and I hope I am

But for some reason the right fender looks like it may pinch between the tire and mower deck when trying to back over it to disconnect it.

Again I hope I am wrong it is kind of a funny camera angle however I would hate to see you rip a fender off after all of that master craftsmanship

·
DeereTech1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No both fenders clear the deck up and down, when installing and removing and will turn lock to lock. The only thing I didn't try was to shift the front axle up and down

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wonderful

I love when people say something can't be done
It makes it that much better when it is done

Congrats on the fenders I may just have to add a set in the future
(Hope you don't mind)

·
Registered
16 Posts
They look great! How did the testing go?
Are they wide enough??
I might borrow your idea and add them to mine... when I get it in a few weeks..

·
DeereTech1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well after running 6 hours pushing snow with the FEL, I have to say I wish Deere had made these available from the start. running in slushy crap I dont get any more splashing up onto the floor boards. brackets are holding up fine for just being 1/2 tubing. Thnaks for all the replies

·
Registered
16 Posts
well after running 6 hours pushing snow with the FEL, I have to say I wish Deere had made these available from the start. running in slushy crap I dont get any more splashing up onto the floor boards. brackets are holding up fine for just being 1/2 tubing. Thnaks for all the replies
Great Job! Did you buy them online or at a dealer?

·
DeereTech1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I originally planed on the fender kit for an X729 but I could buy just the fenders themselves for about half that at my local dealer. The brackets weren't going to work anyway so why spend money on scrap metal! After buying the angle for the brace and square tube for the support all told I have around 80 dollars in them. Looks to about half the price of the kit doing it this way. Besides, Deere doesn't seem to think anyone would want them?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'd be interested in buying the brackets or the plans for the brackets.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts