My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In what seems to be an never ending quest to find a decent garden tractor I have come across this.

87 316. onan 18hp, hydro front hydraulics. Smokes some on start up but clears. Wants 1075 for it.

Also has the power angle plow 450
Suitcase weights/rack 275
Plastic wheel weights 75
Chains 50

grand total 1925. I think he is high thinking maybe 1500 for all?

I am not familiar with them asside from what I read here. says there is no hour meter on it. Appears to be decent other than scratches etc. deck is solid but most likely will need blades sharpened.

BTW I just missed out on a 08 X500 today for 2grand with 80 hours on it.:crybaby:

·
Registered
64 Posts
The 316 does not have power steering so that could get interesting with adding the weight of the plow out front and just turning in general while mowing is a work-out.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
My 330 has no power steering, and steers easier than any mower I've ever been on. Although with lots of weight, that is subject to change. For mowing, it's a breeze. No power steering needed.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
In what seems to be an never ending quest to find a decent garden tractor I have come across this.

87 316. onan 18hp, hydro front hydraulics. Smokes some on start up but clears. Wants 1075 for it.

Also has the power angle plow 450
Suitcase weights/rack 275
Plastic wheel weights 75
Chains 50

grand total 1925. I think he is high thinking maybe 1500 for all?

I am not familiar with them asside from what I read here. says there is no hour meter on it. Appears to be decent other than scratches etc. deck is solid but most likely will need blades sharpened.

BTW I just missed out on a 08 X500 today for 2grand with 80 hours on it.:crybaby:
I sympathize :(

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, well didnt get exactly what I wanted but honestly I think what we did get was a good buy. 08-09 LA175 with 80 hrs for 1200. For all I need to mow at the plant it will do. Same guy that had the X500 had this one. Not sure why he was selling so cheap but.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts