My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1989 Model 265
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the green fever, and am restoring an old 265 and have come across this

Reasonable price, or no?

·
Registered
237 Posts
descent price, but no deal of the century.

·
1989 Model 265
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just heard back -- tactor is still for sale.

Now, I need to know..... what's all the fuss about the 318??

I see all kinds of discussion about the 318, but to be honest as a newbie, I just don't know what it's all about.....

·
Super Moderator
35,770 Posts
First of all pretty good bang for your buck! 18 hp opposed twin Onan, very smooth, very powerful! Shaft driven to the hydrostatic pump (read no drive belts!!!) 2 spools of hydraulics allows for power angle blade up front and hydraulic lift of all attachments! Power steering (once you have it you won't go back)! Very heavy frame, can handle just about anything! Option for a rear PTO, 3 pt hitch! Well I think you get the idea!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think if the tractor is what it appears to be, an unmolested strait 318 with under 400 hours it is a very very good deal. The 318 is arguably the best garden tractor ever built, next of course to the mighty 430! Adam

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
I paid $1700 for my 316 with a MCS on it last fall no regrets. Is it home yet? :wwp:

·
Registered
728 Posts
great mower - try to get a good look at the deck / bearings / blades - check for smoking engine and hydraulic operation. i have a 400, same type set up but older and just finished repainting. you can get parts on ebay.

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
Let's see .. that would be approx. 20 hours a year ??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts