My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I've been reviewing Viking's post in the stickies about doing the NOVA II to fix the transitors on dead coils. Anyone want to venture a guess as to where I should remove epoxy to find the positive terminal on this post 1983 (2) prong coil?

Thanks guys! I am trying to revive old dead suzukis :):banghead3

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Follow the small wire, should be under that black epoxy. Dig away at it slowly and carefully.
What should I be digging with ? What is best to use to carve through epoxy-even on the 3 prong ones with the bump?

Thanks Viking !!

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Hey, GTP.....if you have success with this PM me. I might forget about this thread...I have one exactlly like that one I've been holding onto for this very reason. Those puppys are so expensive I won't even throw the dead ones away...lol.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone have any ideas on what would work best to dig away at the epoxy?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've never done this before...but have all the parts to fix my extra Suzuki coil and will be...but I planned on trying:
picks, my favorite screwdriver, box cutter...lots of stuff. I got the impression you didn't need to worry about the old transistor much since you'll be replacing it! If you break a wire you care about, you have plenty with the NOVA II.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never done this before...but have all the parts to fix my extra Suzuki coil and will be...but I planned on trying:
picks, my favorite screwdriver, box cutter...lots of stuff. I got the impression you didn't need to worry about the old transistor much since you'll be replacing it! If you break a wire you care about, you have plenty with the NOVA II.
I am going to try the same thing atomix, i was worried about breaking something off and not having anything to solder the nova II wire to...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Suppose I'd probably put the dremel w/ a grinder to use as well if it was taking a while! May actually be best since you can go slowly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts