My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you may or may not know, my daughter just adores the show Classic Tractor on the RFD Channel (#379 on Direct TV). I am not sure if it is the tractors themselves, the huff, huff, huff sound of the old steam tractors, or if she just likes them because her father likes them so much. Either way, it's a nightly thing to sit down with bottle in hand, feed the little one and watch classic tractor even if they are re-runs.

Well today she got her first cold, and I figured I minds well get two birds with one stone. On the way home from work I stopped off at Union Farm Equipment and looked at the toy tractors they had. I was hoping they had an old steam one there, but Rick said Toy Tractors have fallen out of vogue. In any case, I ended up buying her a toy John Deere D series tractor. Not the best I know, but at least she got a Classic Tractor for her first get well present!

I know, its crazy, but hey I am a proud father. Here is a picture of my Tom Boy (to her mother's chagrin of course) with her own classic tractor. Thought some of you just might get a kick out of this.

(By the way, while I was there, I stopped in and told Rick that I appreciated him sponsoring this website. Since I come here at least twice a day to chat with everyone, I really do thank them for helping them keep this place going. I was equally glad to here that this website is working out well for them too. Its good to here good things happening to good people and businesses).

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
Wow, awesome pic of a beautiful girl Drawbar. I see lots of fun you two are gonna have with tractors down the road. :fing32:

Dur

·
Registered
367 Posts
Adorable little girl Drawbar, she's beautiful and I'll bet she's daddy's little girl. Brings back memories, Thanks for sharing with us.

·
. . . . . . . . . . . .
1,122 Posts
Good Lookin' girl there Drawbar. She looks happy and well fed.

How's momma doing with the recovery? Has it been six weeks yet?
Don't take that the wrong way. I'm just remembering how it was for me.

Bruce~

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, only 3 weeks and two days...but whose counting right? Well Daddy is that's for sure. Its been awhile and I'm not talking about sleep, though it has been 3 weeks and 2 days since that occured!!

I never understood what people were talking about when they said, "Having children will change your life." Oh I believed them but I did not really understand. I do now though. No matter what kind of day I had at work, to come home, see her sleeping in her crib...well...I cannot truly describe it, but it kind of puts everything back in perspective.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You and your wife have a cute little girl there. Congratulations!!

I'm color blind when it comes to tractors ( I like them all ), but i do have to admit that color looks good with her. .. Ray

·
Registered
764 Posts
congrats,drawbar. and i know what you can't put into words. i used to come home from rough day at work (tool and die btw) and stand for awhile watching her sleep. prioroties suddenly shifted and i realized that in that small crib was my whole world,nothing else mattered. she's 16 now and i'm glad i spent those nights by her crib,cause she's hard to keep still now!! enjoy her.

·
Deceased Oct.-2014
3,014 Posts
Aren't you biasing her towards green and yellow a little early. :sidelaugh How's the red, orange, or yellow guys going to stand a chance. Could even affect who she marries. ROF

Nice pic of the daughter. :thThumbsU And here is her official :Welcome1:

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
Thanks for sharing :thThumbsU

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks like you do good work there Drawbar!! :sidelaugh Enjoy that youngin all you can. My little angle girl is 19 and that means I got boys exactly like me coming to my door wanting to take my daughter out! :eek:mg: :banghead3

Take lots of pictures and enjoy!
Slim

·
Registered
149 Posts
BigSlim said:
My little angle girl is 19 and that means I got boys exactly like me coming to my door wanting to take my daughter out!
Slim
Now there is something that will keep a dad awake at night... Ray

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BigSlim said:
Looks like you do good work there Drawbar!! :sidelaugh Enjoy that youngin all you can. My little angle girl is 19 and that means I got boys exactly like me coming to my door wanting to take my daughter out! :eek:mg: :banghead3

Take lots of pictures and enjoy!
Slim
I already have my statement for them Hoodlums all thought out.

"If she comes back crying. You're dead."

Simple and to the point. :)

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Here ya go Big Slim :)

Ten Simple Rules for Dating My Daughter

Rule One:

If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up

Rule Two:

You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three:

I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four:

I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:

It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six:

I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven:

As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight:

The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka - zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which feature chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine:

Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten:

Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy near Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Jim,
Thanks buddy, I love it. :fing32:I hope you don't mind if I use it. What I have given a great deal of thought is the purchase of a large caliber, belt fed, automatic weapon. Preferably a twin mount Maw Duece.
Slim

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
By all means, yes, and here's another good one :) Drawbar did'nt mean to hijack your thread, but you might want these when your daughter gets dating age too :tee:

APPLICATION FOR PERMISSION TO DATE MY DAUGHTER

Note: This Application will be consider incomplete and rejected unless accompanied by a financial statement, job history, lineage, and current report from your doctor.

1 Name . _____________ DOB _ __ ____

2- Height weight _______ Driver's License #

3-Home address city/state/zip

4. Do you have one male and one female parent? {yes or no, If no, Please explain)

5. Number of years parents married? ____________

6.Do you own or drive a van? A truck with oversized tires? _____ waterbed? Do you have any of the following? Earring, nose ring, belly ring and/or tattoo? ____ (if yes to any of number # 6, discontinue this application and leave the premises NOW)

7. In 10 words or less, what does "LATE " mean to you?

8 In 25 words or less, what does "Don't Touch my Daughter" mean to you?

9. In 25 words or less what does "Abstinence" mean to you?

10. What church do you attend? _________ How often do you attend?

11. When would he the best time to interview your mother, father and pastor?

12. What do you want to be when you grow up? _______

13. Answer the following questions below by filling in the blanks. Please answer freely. all responses are confidential and must be answered for the application to be considered.

If I were shot, the last place on my body I want to he wounded is?
If I were beaten, the last bone on my body I want broken is my?
A women's place is in the?
The one thing this application does not ask me about is?
When I meet a girl, the thing I notice about her first is?
Note: If the answer to "E" begins with an "A" or "T ", discontinue the application and leave the premises! Keeping head low and running in a serpentine-like fashion is advised

I swear that all the information supplied above is correct to the best of my knowledge under Penalty of death, dismemberment, and torture, crucifixion, electrocution, Chinese water torture, and red hot pokers. Signature, (that means you meat head)

Thank you for your interest. Please allow 4-6 years for processing. You will be contacted in writing if you are approved. Please do not try to call or write (since you probably can't and or it would cause you injury). If your application is rejected you will be notified by two men wearing white ties and carrying violin cases

·
6,348 Posts
Drawbar,
What a beautiful baby....you should be very proud. I also like your choice in tractors for her to play with, always a good thing to bring them up right early.

I gave my son's John Deere tractors to play with when they were very young too, the oldest one (soon to be 26) still has a bunch of them boxed up and out in the shop.

I hope by now you are getting some sleep and all is well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts