My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got the NOS dash decal installed on my 446 project. :fing32:
It's was a little tricky. I can't imagine trying this without application fluid and a squeegee. :praying:
Now more of the assembly process can continue. :thThumbsU
Attached are a few pics of it.

I'll start a new thread with the whole rebuild when it's finished.

Attachments

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow ! you did a great job on that dash, it looks brand new !
Thank you. It's always nice to see hard work and patience pay-off. :fing32:
Restoring tractors is very rewarding for me. I just wish it cost less. haha:crybaby:

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
Purdy. Very Purdy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
MJoe7 -

Very nice, really looks professional, straight from the factory!. Did you use a mixture of dish soap and water to help with the installation? Or did you find a commercial equivalent?

The reason I ask, is because I will be performing the same job (hopefully) soon.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
MJoe7 -

Very nice, really looks professional, straight from the factory!. Did you use a mixture of dish soap and water to help with the installation? Or did you find a commercial equivalent?

The reason I ask, is because I will be performing the same job (hopefully) soon.
I am also interested in what you used, as I will be doing the same thing to my 444 soon. As soon as I get that darn steering wheel off. I know the drill but it is always a job removing them.
Nick

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am also interested in what you used, as I will be doing the same thing to my 444 soon. As soon as I get that darn steering wheel off. I know the drill but it is always a job removing them.
Nick
The application fluid I use is called Rapid Tach II. I used this on the VAC you see in my avator also. It's a good idea to buy the squeegee with the bottle.
Here is a link to a place that sells it and has video of an application.
http://www.autotrimdesign.net/items_6906.html

This is the mfg site. Nice vids to learn also...
http://www.rapidtac.com/

It sure makes it nice for lining everything up, but once it's squeegeed and dry it's no turning back!

Application fluid cleans without leaving residues. It then helps to "float" the vinyl until it is properly positioned. Best of all Rapid Tac II stimulates the adhesive to bond in approximately ninety seconds, even in adverse climates such as extreme hot or cold. It will not cause bubbles so there's no returning to poke holes in your work either.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts