·
forkz
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody ever heard or used one of these

·
Premium Member
6,356 Posts
That looks like a good idea, I'll have to make them for my string trimmers.

The name is terrible. First thing that came to mind is "Darwin Awards", that this was going to be a video of a mod that was dangerous to the user and/or other people...

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Interesting idea. As one with back problems, the Husqvarna DJX129 is a major pain to run for any length of time. End up stopping every 5-10 minutes and stretch my back. That's why I went to a wheeled string trimmer where all the weight is on the two wheels

Reactions: Renster of N.H.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Got one last season. Some shortcuts in their design...mine's 3.0 I think, the clamp bolts that hold the arm to the shaft ( mine's a Ryobi ) could easily strip.
That being said I love it.
Attempting to correct for my being 6'2" with back problems and this really helps.
A welder or such could probably create one but why not support a US business?

As this is my first venture into battery powered trimmers and away from corded---last corded was B&D with power but some problem...B&D sent me one on principal and I sold them both to finance the Ryobi... I figured why not try this arm also.

My challenge now is what used to take 45 minutes with the corded now takes 20 minutes and I actually enjoy trimming....

Tom

·
Registered
245 Posts
This thread got me to looking at the darwin's grip web site to see if they had a better attachment to my trimmer.

They have a new Version 5.0 Vise Darwin 5.0 Vise & Grip - Ballard Inc .

Only $17.99!

Mine's on order...should be an improvement...after my sprained shoulder heals.

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts