My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I'd share my story with everyone on MTF as it will probably make for a good chuckle for most....

I fell asleep on my bed with the lights and television still on earlier than I was planning and I woke up abruptly. The next thing I remember is that I fell on the floor in tremendous pain.

Somehow, I got out of bed and broke 3 toes and sprained my ankle! Took almost 5 hours at the hospital. Originally they thought only 1 toe was broke but as I was getting instruction on how to use my crutches (I've never used crutches before or broken bones) the ER doctor came back in and said sit back down, you have 2 more broken toes!

So, the tally is 3 toes on my right foot. If you count the big toe as #1, I broke #2, #4, and #5 as well as sprained my ankle. The toes are 'buddy taped' together and I went to an orthopedic surgeon who re-xrayed them but even so, they are still a little out of whack. So I guess when these heal, I'll have a little bit of a crooked looking toe arrangement. (good thing i'm not a foot model or something! :ROF )

So with that being said, what has been your injuries from normally non hazardous activities?

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
WOW! Sorry to hear about your foot and ankle. I hope all heals well and quickly. As to weird ways to get injured? I was at work sitting in front of the 'puter when my desk chair broke throwing me sideways against the drafting table. The metal edge of the table cut off a big hunk of my ear, which they sewed back on at the hospital. Took 40 some stitches and hurt like heck. Took almst a year to fully heal and got feeling in a little bit of it, but most of it is still numb.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Forgot to take off the ankle cuffs again? lol
Really, glad it was only the toes. Praying for a fast heal for ya.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Broken toes suck ... not much can be done .. I had one .. you have THREE !! That sucks X's 3

I hope you heal up quickly !!

·
Camaniac
3,751 Posts
I twisted my left knee rolling over and fell out of bed. Went and got a trailerload of wood the next day and on the way back it hurt so much I couldn't press the clutch in. Herbanjo drove me to the doc and then getting home she had to back the trailer up our twisty driveway. She actually did pretty well too. The knee still pops and makes noises sometimes.

·
Sparky
297 Posts
I fell off of a 40' extension ladder and walked away.

Fortunatley I was on the bottom step.

:ROF

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
At 25ys.--you'll have tons more grief to come:ROF Reminds me when I was about your age,got up for a drink(bare-footed) and my little girl had lost one of her "jacks" in the carpet---Try doing a un scheduled diving cart wheel with a room full of furniture in the dark.:sidelaugh Took awhile to get over that little trick.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,543 Posts
The toes are 'buddy taped' together and I went to an orthopedic surgeon who re-xrayed them but even so, they are still a little out of whack. So I guess when these heal, I'll have a little bit of a crooked looking toe arrangement. (good thing i'm not a foot model or something! :ROF )
My toes are out of whack and I've never even broken one. :ROF :ROF I've been to the docs three times to have treble hooks removed from my fingers and hands. Fish just love to catch me. :biglaugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts