My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was this close to getting my hands on a 14SB! Someone on the local CL was selling one, along with a John Deere weedeater for $150. Looked nice in the pictures, said that it hadn't been run in three years. The seller wrote me back this morning telling me it had already sold :crybaby:

I want one of those so bad my teeth hurt! Some lucky guy is probably going to mow with it this weekend.

·
Lawn Mower Fan
681 Posts
Some lucky guy is probably going to mow with it this weekend.
Or put it on Craigslist for double what he paid. Keep an eye out. You might still be able to score a deal.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or put it on Craigslist for double what he paid. Keep an eye out. You might still be able to score a deal.
I search for 14SB's every day, so I'll see it. Probably just needs a tune-up to get going again. I'm hoping that the 14SB is "sleeper mower" down here, one that won't garner as much attention as the Toro's and Snappers do.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I search for 14SB's every day, so I'll see it. Probably just needs a tune-up to get going again. I'm hoping that the 14SB is "sleeper mower" down here, one that won't garner as much attention as the Toro's and Snappers do.
Word to those looking for 14sbs or Pressurized Kawai's in general (jx75/85) IF YOU SEE'EM...GO GET THEM DON'T WAIT.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I look for them too Bryan. I didn't catch that one. Was it clean? I would have liked to see the JD weedeater. If I see one down here, I'll pick it up and call you!

I like them, but their too big for my yard. I might keep an 85/75! Bryan, I sold mine for $400. I guy I know just had to have it for his lawn business. He had a couple of others. He had all JD for the biz.

Bryan, there was one in Waco a few weeks ago that needed some work, but was complete. It was cheap. I think he was asking like $35. Don't know if he sold it.

Bryan, if you want to make the drive, there is guy in Oklahoma City that has four JX85 mower with boxes of parts. Call him 789-3158. I don't know the area code there. Isn't 9 something. Might be a logshot, but $200 for four JX85s and boxes of parts: might get two whole running ones out of it.

One in Little Rock needs work (501)8*0*2-0*5*1*3

Really nice one in Melbourne FL for $125!

Two in Olathe, KS for $300 reply to: [email protected]

There, is a JX75 in Denver that looks like it just came out of the JD dealer. Guy wants a lot though
FYI

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for keeping the feelers out, GC. I might have to start looking pretty hard, I think my Toro just bit the dust today!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks for keeping the feelers out, GC. I might have to start looking pretty hard, I think my Toro just bit the dust today!
Try to find a Honda HR214/215 or an HRM215 to do weekly duty. Mine has been running strong for seventeen years. Just change the oil once a season, hose it occasionally and blow it off with the blower after every mow. Never missed a lick.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try to find a Honda HR214/215 or an HRM215 to do weekly duty. Mine has been running strong for seventeen years. Just change the oil once a season, hose it occasionally and blow it off with the blower after every mow. Never missed a lick.
I've been looking for those, too. I like the older Honda's.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts