My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one been seeing an increase in the amount of spiders, bugs, and termites in the shop or home since all this wet weather?

I am in the process of rearanging my shop and trying to make some room and it seems that I have encountered some termite damage to a few areas.I am currently in the process of repairing the damage as well as having a exterminator come out some time this week. I was hoping to get a lot more accomplished but I guess it was a good thing I took the week off to do some work around the shop!

As for the spiders it seems like every time I move something another 8 legged creature comes out from some where. If thats not bad enough my dad calls me and tells me my mom was bit by a spider in the middle of the night and they had to go to the emergency room (she's allergic to stings and bites). I guess we need to do a better job at spraying but you never think about it until you start seeing the damage or the vicious little creatures.

So does any body have a spray they use that is just as good as what the experts use for spiders and termites? If I can save a buck I will do it myself if not I will let the experts handle it!

Sorry to bore you all just wanted to know?

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,997 Posts
We have a lot of living space in the basement of this house. We have had trouble with spiders, millipedes, and crickets from time to time.

We have used this stuff for the last few years.

LINK TO SITE

Spread it liberally around the foundation and water it in as per instructions, and it has cut down on our visitors... a very noticeable difference.

Good luck!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I have used that stuff in the yard to help control ticks but never thought about it helping with the spiders and other insects. We have a earth home I call it our cave we are just about 3 feet under ground with dirt on all sides except one side that faces the South East. I will get some of that and spread it around again this year. I guess it was working better than I thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts