My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have an 06 Dodge Dakota with the 4.7L v8 and its the 4x4, what is the biggest tire size i could clear with it completely stock? one day i want to do the 2" leveling kit but that wont be anytime soon, just looking for a more aggressive look, thanks

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I am running 275/60-17s on my Durango R/T but they came factory on it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running 275/60-17s on my Durango R/T but they came factory on it.
im not sure on what factory size came with mine, i would have to check, cant rmember off the top of my head, but i know they are 16" rims

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
I think an RT Durango is the same deal as a Sport Dakota, stiffer suspension and bigger tires.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
the R/T is a FULL TIME ALL WHEEL DRIVE, with a SPORT suspension. It is actually lower than a 4 wheel drive. I have driven mine HARD and rarely has it ever tried to come out from under me. I can hit an on ramp getting on the interstate that is a big clover leaf and be running 60-70 mph when I hit the acceleration lane .......it HUGS the road. I have even hurt a few feelings of the guys thinking their Mustangs and Camaros are all that........lol It has stiffer roll bars and stiffer shocks to make it handle. R/T stands for Road/Track.

For what it is worth, there is a Durango running around town here that is sitting on 38's but it has a suspension system under it. Not sure how much lift it has though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts