My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 20622 was just finished and i am taking it out for it's summer of duty. It's my first 4 stroke in 10 years.!! I will use this along side my 20684 "Rat Rod". Both are BBC-which I could do without but both will get a work out. I am retiring my (2) 8237s to the garage and they will get refurbished as the Toros go to war on summer grass.

And the "Rat Rod"

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
My starting pitcher is the 20044 and the reliever is the 26622. I love the kawi on the 20044 and it mulches perfectly. The 26622 is my bagging mower. The thing spins in the 3500 rpm range. I should do something about that, but I like it. I bought a jx75 a few weeks ago which will be my all around mower once my parts get here. I want to keep the 20044 nice because it seems to be pretty rare. Plus it isnt a pressurized oiler and I have some wicked slopes.

Sent from the MTF Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My starting pitcher is the 20044 and the reliever is the 26622. I love the kawi on the 20044 and it mulches perfectly. The 26622 is my bagging mower. The thing spins in the 3500 rpm range. I should do something about that, but I like it. I bought a jx75 a few weeks ago which will be my all around mower once my parts get here. I want to keep the 20044 nice because it seems to be pretty rare. Plus it isnt a pressurized oiler and I have some wicked slopes. Sent from the MTF Free App
That's the problem with my lawn too. A wicked slope in the front that I fear will eat my 20622 so the front yard is the duty of Rat Rod 20684. My problem is that when I get mowers I tend to work them into too nice of a machine so I shelve and and don't use it. I stopped short on the 20684 and the 20622 so that they wouldn't get "too nice" and I wouldn't use them. :hide:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Beaten and used Toro 200014. Takes everything I throw at her!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice fellas...keep the testimonials and pictures coming. George likey pictures:fing32:

·
Ben's Lawn Mower Repair
431 Posts
my daily driver for the last couple of years.

as i see and acquire new-to-me Yardboys, I store them under the deck if i ever need a part. So far I have about 5!

Attachments

·
5,855 Posts
Hi Guys! My original daily driver for over 25 years was my Lawnboy 5024 until I refurbished it a couple of years ago and put it in storage. Then I bought two Lawnboy's, a 5247 and a 7268 and used them, along with a 10401 up until this year. This year my daily drivers are my estate sale Lawnboy 5273 and my yard sale Lawnboy 7265. I figured I have the least amount invested in these two so I can use them until they need repair and then either part them out or rebuild them. I really love to use these mid 70's D series and for their age nothing seems to slow them down. Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Guys! My original daily driver for over 25 years was my Lawnboy 5024 until I refurbished it a couple of years ago and put it in storage. Then I bought two Lawnboy's, a 5247 and a 7268 and used them, along with a 10401 up until this year. This year my daily drivers are my estate sale Lawnboy 5273 and my yard sale Lawnboy 7265. I figured I have the least amount invested in these two so I can use them until they need repair and then either part them out or rebuild them. I really love to use these mid 70's D series and for their age nothing seems to slow them down. Bill
If only I hd a flat yard..I love these old suitcase D's.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
LB77 That 5232 is just awesome! I wish I could find one and if/when I do. I have a feeling that I might just have to pack it up to you and have you fix it up like yours! I love that mower!!!

Anyway my daily drivers is my 7024 and 5024

Can't remember this old one

or this one. My son calls this one his! its just like his LB junior

They are all just trim mowers right now. My main machine is my Hustler fast track.

·
Lost Weekender
53 Posts
This.......

87' MTD 362, she always fires up in 2 pulls. Even being used as just a pusher, it's a piece of cake, and it only takes 2 empties of the catcher to finish the yard.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Since I repair and sell a lot of push mowers I use many different ones to mow since I like to test them out before selling them but my main mower is my 2 stroke toro. I picked this up for $15 put some gas in it and it started hasn't given me any problems. I like to push mow as much as I can but I have a large yard (2 acres) so I follow it up with the Proline 120.

Attachments

·
my 1st LB was a 3060!
435 Posts
my beater 22260!!! :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
What's with the yellow rope tied to the discharge cover?
I primarily mulch, but if the grass is thick at the property where I'm cutting, I can just slide the rope across the handle and pull that cover open to discharge. That and I haven't had the discharge chute for this mower, though, oddly enough, I DID just order one today.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'm mostly using my 1996 John Deere 14SX. It's the best cutter I've seen. I also use the nicer of my Toro 26622's but I'll have to put it away when it gets too dry. I use my other 26622 for rougher jobs and fall leaf cleanup. Both are 1990 models BTW.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 121 Posts