My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I acquired my d722 and I cant get it to start. I have fuel pumping to the injector pump bleed bolt where it enters the injection pump and then to the injectors and on to the return line back to the fuel tank. I removed the injector lines from both the pump and injectors. When I crank engine I cant get any fuel to come out of the injector line outlets. My engine does not have any of the fuel solonoid apparatus to shut off the fuel either. Rather it has two levers, the bottom one for throttle and top one for fuel shutoff along with the coil spring around the shaft to spring load the levers into idle position and fuel on position I assume. I cranked the engine with levers in each position and get no fuel to come out out injector ports. Also, is there a compression release on this engine for starting? Glow plugs work also, just no fuel. I know it is a nono to use either but I tried a squirt and it fired on that. I really appreciate any help in getting it to start and thanks in advance.

· Administrator - We’re all friends here
17,127 Posts
:Welcome1:359er. You didn't state what machine the engine is in, but since it was standard in the BX1860, I moved the thread here. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge will be along to offer some help.

· blinged out
2,064 Posts
is the pump gravity fed or delivery pump and is the delivery pump working. One trick I've used in the past[mostly on detroits's after servicing them].
put a couple psi in the fuel tank with an air compressor by having someone hold a rag over the fuel cap and applying a little pressure on tank while doing the ether start!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fuel delivery pump seems to be working as it is returning fuel to the tank via the fuel return tube from the injectors. I will try some air pressure. the engine has not been run for about 3 years the seller told me.:thanku:

· Registered
101 Posts
You are correct about the fuel shut off the spring holds it in the on position. I have a d722 i swapped into my jd420. No compression release that i am aware of. I am using an electric lift pump. I always have to use the glow plugs for it to fire unless the engine is up to temp. Either is ok just don't use alot at once just a little squirt will do. My guess is you either still have air in the lines or your injection pump has an issue. Not sure how much cranking you have done but mechanical lift pumps can be a bear to get the air out of. I prefer electric myself i have run mine out of fuel and with the electric pump it will instantly refire after adding fuel.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

· Registered
101 Posts
I have seen in yanmars where the rack in the pump can get gummed up and the fuel will be shutoff even when the lever is in the on position. I have never seen inside a kubota pump though so not sure if they can do the same thing. but usually happens in the yanmar after sitting for a long time. Make sure you keep everything 100% clean if you tear into the pump though. Did you test all 3 glow plugs? Make sure all 3 work mine was noticeably harder to start with just 1 burnt out. With fuel returning to the tank it seems like either air in lines or glow plug problem i usually hold the plugs on for 15-30 seconds depending on how cold. Make sure you got at least 12 volts at the plugs.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.