My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
IDK a thing but i try
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FAILURE. I didnt like the way it turned out at all. Guess im not a fabber. Heres what ive got so far. I think i may abandon this setup anyways.

·
Oldbie
1,605 Posts
Very interesting concept. The only problem I could see would
be to drive the deck blades. The only thing I could think of is....
the electric motors like on the elec-trac tractors.

·
Super Moderator
32,064 Posts
Very interesting concept. The only problem I could see would
be to drive the deck blades. The only thing I could think of is....
the electric motors like on the elec-trac tractors.
Spring loaded idel pulleys under the pivit would do it..

So where is the fail???? What dont you like about it?? Looks like a good start.

If you would like some advice....

Beef up those hanges a little. Being out front you WILL hit something at some time. Maybe make a frame work around the deck.. make the frame pivit, and lift, and just hang the deck from that. ... Mount a few casters on the front end of the deck [or the frame if you go that way] ....

Well thats a start... I like the ide though.

·
IDK a thing but i try
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the problem is I dont have anywhere to do this stuff. I drove 40min on way to get donw what ive done. Its a pita due to mowing season and this is the only mower ive got. I dont have them time to get the bugs out. in order ot mow ive got to unbolt all this stuff. bolt back on all the wheel horse carage and go from there. Ill set this setup to the side until mowing season is over. The spring loaded tensioner idler deal is a good idea.

·
Super Moderator
32,064 Posts
Ohhh OK.... ya.. gotta have a mower!!

Another idea for you.... Make the bracket that mounts on the tractor "L" shapped. Mount the pivit on the top of the L, and have the lower end of the L sit in a channel. Make the hight adjuster on the deck itself, that way when you lower the deck, it will bottom out, and you will always be at the preset hight. The channel holding the lower part of the mount, and the higher upper mount, will make the pivit a little more stable to twisting forses.

·
Registered
58 Posts
David, I never had a problem getting in and out of my shop with the Mower? Granted it does not go up as high as the OEM deck, But worked for me. If I can be of any help to you. Let me now.

·
IDK a thing but i try
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive got alot steeper incline than you had mike. I use car ramps to get in there now. I dont want ot invest in a ramp because we are hopefully moving in the ver near futire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts