My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My D130 is not getting power to the solenoid. If I jump the solenoid, the engine fires up and runs great. I have checked the safety switches on the seat, clutch, and blade. All seem to work as they should. Anyone have an idea what the problem could be or what to check? I did buy a new solenoid. Problem remains. Turn the key and nothing! Thanks

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Which solenoid are you referring to? The starter solenoid or the solenoid on the bowl of the carburetor?

·
Registered
565 Posts
you will need to check voltage from the switch through the brake and pto switch to the starter solenoid

·
Registered
772 Posts
One of your safety interlocks is stuck open, as if you were not in the seat, had the deck engaged, the clutch if equipped, engaged etc. Get a tester and check each "output" of each safety device to be sure it is allowing power through when the item is in safe operating mode....ex; you are on the seat, the switch should pass power through. Be sure all grounds are in good shape too. These get overlooked especially if other work has been done that disconnects a ground somewhere.

Electical can be a real pain. Plan on spending time on this, and stick with it, one item at a time, no rush.

Please be sure to let us know if and how you resolved this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts