My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was trying to diagnose a crank but no start-up situation on my D105. During my tinkering (tried working on it while in a WebEx meeting for work) the choke rod fell out and for the life of me I can't figure out how it goes on the tractor. Does anyone have any pics of the choke rod setup on a D105?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Here are some photos from a 17HP Ariens which has a similar B&S engine as your D105. Hopefully this will help.

The choke rod just hooks to the choke plate and then the U-shaped other end just sticks through a slot on the throttle linkage bracket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh yes, appreciate this! It was totally my fault for trying to do two things at once (pretend that I care about worthless work meetings) and work on the tractor at the same time. When I turned away from the laptop I saw the choke rod on the ground and was like WTF how does this even fall out. I knew I should've snapped a pic before I began working on it (I'll learn one day).

I won't have any free time until later this week to work on the mower but I'll report back with the results as I hate seeing dead forum posts that can leave others who may have a similar issue in suspense. :)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ahh yes, appreciate this! It was totally my fault for trying to do two things at once (pretend that I care about worthless work meetings) and work on the tractor at the same time. When I turned away from the laptop I saw the choke rod on the ground and was like WTF how does this even fall out. I knew I should've snapped a pic before I began working on it (I'll learn one day).

I won't have any free time until later this week to work on the mower but I'll report back with the results as I hate seeing dead forum posts that can leave others who may have a similar issue in suspense. :)
You are not alone. I did the exact same thing. I took the photos above in preparation for swapping the carburetor and THOUGHT I had everything covered. Like you I started to disassemble it and that darned choke rod just dropped out. I couldn't figure out what it attached to. It took a bit of figuring and looking at my photos to determine that the U-shaped end doesn't actually attach to ANYTHING but instead it just slips in that slot in the linkage. Thank goodness it partially showed up in some of the photos. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts