My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Professor of makin stuff
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well all i need some help

i have a decision to make and maybe some insight from u guys will help

i have a 18 auto tractor and am looking for a snow blade for it. Well i found two, both of which have issues with them. The first is located 4 hrs from me and has a bent frame and the top pivit point bracket is brokes but this blade comes with the essential rear axle bracket. The first package of blade and bracket and feet for blade is 200 dollars. The second option is a blade with no damage comes with weights and chains but does not have a rear bracket or the feet for the blade. this second package is blade weights and chains but no bracket for 250 and is located 2 hrs away???

idk what to do here guys ive seen the bracket and given someone who has one im sure i could fab up an identical one so idk what to do if someone wants to volunteer some insight it would be awsome.

Also if u do want to sell ur blade and bracket and weigts and ur relatively close to carroll ia id be interested.

as u can tell im so distraught on what to do here lol :thSick:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I have the feet for mine but do not use them so maybe this will help you decide

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I think I paid around 45 for mine but watch it and wait till it ends then try to get it but if you are not able to get it I can help you make one because I want to make another for my 18 automatic

·
Professor of makin stuff
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well at 28 bucks just for the latches id think buying the complete one would be a much wiser deal plus no fab time so im gonna give it a shot
well i did bid on it got it at 45.50 had to hit it a couple times thanks stinking auto bid

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
so which one did you get

·
Professor of makin stuff
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
got the blade and the wheel weights today blade needs some minor tweaks to to but should be useable and now onto the mounting bracket on ebay currently have it at 54 dollars and 16 shipping

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
got the blade and the wheel weights today blade needs some minor tweaks to to but should be useable and now onto the mounting bracket on ebay currently have it at 54 dollars and 16 shipping
Good deal Nathan. Don't forget....:wwp:

·
Professor of makin stuff
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well pics and i slid the frame under the tractor to see and i think it may be a tad on the short side ??? idk my frame measures 5 ft from front to back ?? anybody got a comparison ????

·
C-Series Bubba...
317 Posts
You may just have it positioned in the wrong place at the rear. Only way to tell is when you get it mounted. The D-Series guys will tell you how the mount goes on the rear...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Here are a few pics of my D series blade. BTW, the distance between the rear mounting rod and the front piviot bolt is 67 1/2". The blade is 56" wide.

·
Professor of makin stuff
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well my blade is 54 and only measures out to be 5 foot so i dont think its the right blade plus my angle assembly is different also my blade does not have a strait section to it it is a a frame all the way back but we shall see what i end up with when its all said and done. and i get my rear mounting plate ugg i noticed the difference and just thought that was because it was a 54 blade and not the 56 for the d series but i guess with some metal and some fab ill make it work

1 - 20 of 47 Posts