My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to buy a D-180 tractor with 3PTH, 48'" snow blower, and 48" deck. I know the engine needs a rebuild as it barely has enough power to climb up a slight grade. I suspect that some of the engine wear is the result of the current owner mowing a rather steep slope every week. The attachments look their age, so I image they weren't abused, but not maintained as well as they could be. All in all it was used as a work tractor, not a show tractor. However, it does look like it has been stored indoors most of it's life. My questions are:

1) Without any pictures, can anyone give an idea what this package might be worth bearing in mind the engine needs a rebuild, all of the equipment is well used, and all of the paint is in poor condition? I realize that location plays a large factor in this, but I have no idea what WH tractors sell for.

2) What should I be looking at as far as wear points go?

3) Are parts still available for things other then the engine?

Thanks in advance for any help from a WH newby.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
You need to drive it around get the pump nice and warm and see if it still has plenty of hydraulic power as far as a price I would say $750 plus or minus $100

·
16,824 Posts
Did you make a decision?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made an offer to the seller so we'll see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts