My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ya al

Now that my project is done, I thought I'd post some pics of the build. Started with a 1972 Bolens HT20 that has cut my lawn for 10 years. Added a Perkins double lung diesel, turbo, power steering, 3 point and the list goes on. Not a puller or show queen...she cuts my lawn and works on the farm. It's IH red to match my other equipment. More pics to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
new wiring, built a 3 point hitch and tested it by pulling a 24' (empty) enclosed car trailer. Pulled great but front tires were in the air. The small tank over the rear axle is the diesel fuel tank. One gallon will cut my 2 acre lawn twice.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sickle mower was from a case, so had to build a harness, mower deck is a 54" (all rebuilt), rearend cover is a Chevy 14 bolt(had it...lol). The last pic is lil red n big red and if you look between them you will see the 120mm potato cannon that lil red tows. It will shoot 175 yards on 125 psi of air. The pump and rpm limit are cranked up on the Perkins and it runs bout 4.5 psi of boost. That's my toy!

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello, The HT 20 that I owned had an issue with the bull gear in the transaxle .
How was the condition of your bull gear ?

Your build is fantastic ,with a lot of nice touches , Well done !!

Thanks Ken in Mi

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Couple other details. Wife says the parachute and NOS bottle are silly but she's a girl so.....lol. Coolant over flow bottle is a medicine bottle from the barn, thermostat/rad cap housing is from a street bike, alloy throttle lever and Autometer boost gauge. Instructions for the glow plugs is beside the boost gauge.

Attachments

·
Parts collector
3,106 Posts
That's awesome! :thThumbsU

I have a pair of Thermo-king 2 cyl diesels out back I was going to drop one in one of my 300 series JD tractors. I think they are 12 to 15 HP.

Looks like I have some work to do to keep up with this. LOL....... :tango_face_wink:

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Very nice.
International made some of the best GTs. The geared units dominate the mini pulls. If you wanted an IH, why did't you get an IH? I'd gladly trade my 1450 for your HT20.

I'm near Tottenham, where are you.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
You sir are one sick puppy.
What an incredible build!!!
Just tell the wife that once you have the NOS and the boost up to spec then the 'chute will be necessary. (o:
Did I mention what a great job?

1 - 20 of 115 Posts