My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post in this section because my tractor isn't just a restore job. I got this lawn tractor from a friend of mine when I went to his place looking for parts for my powr pup project. When I got there I saw this neat little cub cadet 100 that he did complete with three point hitch, cultivator, tiller, and boom pole. While looking through his junk pile he had this simplicity 7016 with no deck and a bad engine. He let me have it so I put the powr pup on hold for now. I plan to put allis chalmers decals on it because I like the way they look. I have put 29 X 15 rear wheels on it which required me to change the seat deck/ fenders. I am building a 3-point hydraulic lift and plan to put power steering on it. Here is what I started with:

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have started mounting the engine but I need to raise the engine up to line up the drive shaft. I think the vanguard will have to be raise up 1". If anyone here knows for sure how much clue me in, but from measuring the shaft height difference (3/4") pluse the mounting points are about 1/4" high. Here is a picture of the frame and engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got some economy power king fenders off ebay. I have welded them to my original seat deck. I have the hood and dash painted. I need to order the decals. I have bought some parts for power steering from a john deere 345. I modified the front spindles to use 4 lug trailer hubs. That way I can put different wheels on the front. Here is some progress pictures:

Attachments

·
Lindeman crawler fan
3,215 Posts
That is coming along really well.
Those round rear fenders look much better than the original flat top fenders.

·
Administrator
13,436 Posts
That machine looks great, your doing a nice job. I like the PK fenders on it as well, will be Checking back to see your progress. Keep the pictures coming....

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
You get the cigar for having vision of a completed project! The fenders deal really give it the look it needed.Very nice job.Having no knowledge of Simplicitys drive train--is it a belt or drive shaft system? And BTW,after seeing background of your shop,it's a giveaway-Pro paint & bodymen can work wonders with metal.So there's no room for comment on such a nice job your doing,bodywise and paint.:trink40: Keep up the great job,and thax for posting it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The rear tread is very similiar to these:
The tires on the left are 31x15.5-15 on 6 bolt rims if I'm not mistaken. The 13" rims have some serious offset. I have a pair on a Case Ingersoll rear end, and there's just under 18" between the tires for my posterior. I have to add 1" wheel spacers to each side to have room for both fenders and my butt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put an opposed twin Briggs engine in a Duetz Allis a couple of years ago, and ran into the same driveshaft problem. I used ujoints from rural king for 3/4" shaft. I cut the driveshaft and recut the key ways. It worked out just great. I don't have any pictures. Hope this helps out.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.