My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked a 10XL, ran, loaded, came home, unloaded, ran about 10 mins, cut it off, and wont fire again. Tested spark using a timing light. I dont see anything that jumps out. It has been converted to a solenoid starting system. I dont know what the ignition needs to power it from the switch. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
Not sure if it's your problem, but that kinked fuel line isn't helping anything. Why is it running along the outside of the hood?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Don't feed power to the ignition, you will fry it. Disconnect the small wire from the module and check the spark by grounding a known good plug to the head. Alternatively have the neighbors annoying kid hold the plug. If no joy the module is pooched. Tecumseh has been gone for 15 years, I am not sure if there is an aftermarket module.replacement.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if it's your problem, but that kinked fuel line isn't helping anything. Why is it running along the outside of the hood?
PO got tired of fuel pumps and rigged a gravity fed tank on top the hood. I was after the attachments, but still hate the tractor died that quickly. 7 hours drive time, and money spent, not very happy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts