My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale...Cushman Trackster...This is a nice one! Has been converted to a 24 HP Honda V-Twin engine. This was not a cut and hack conversion, this was a professionally done conversion using a $2500.00 kit that allowed the original 2 cycle engine to be removed, and the Honda to be bolted in-place...Looks and runs like a factory install. Much more power than the original 2 cycle engine, more reliable and much quieter. Retains the stock tailpipes, engine coupling, etc. Tracks are in excellent condition, bogies are tight, lights all work, has the optional windshield. If you are looking for a nice trackster, don't miss this one. These things go anywhere, not just a snow machine, they are an all season ATV, great for hunting, ice fishing, exploring, farm chores, etc. $3800.00/ BO More pics available on request...

Coop

Attachments

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I wish I was closer and had a bit more spare money , it sound like a blast to go through snow or rough terrain with .

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I'd love that machine. Unfortunitely INF. Maybe in a year or two. I passed up a Playcat for $800.00, been kicking myself ever since.
I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind. 24HP seems alot of power for a machine that only goes 16MPH. Does it really need that much HP? Does it have a PTO (mech or hyd)?

Thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The orginal engine in the Trackster was a 29 HP opposed 2 cycle twin. They were noisy, smokey and had no torque, you had to be against the governor to have any power. I have another one of these that I repowered with an 18 hp Briggs Vanguard, works fine with 18 hp until you get in deep, wet snow, then you will notice it starts bogging down, the 24 hp one doesn't care how deep or wet the snow is. So to answer your question, you don't really need 24 hp 99% of the time, just nice to have in extreme conditions. Most of the time I am at half throttle with the 18HP one. There is no PTO on the Trackster, the new version does have front and rear hydraulics: http://www.terratrack.com/ Nice machine, but should be for $31K...

Coop

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi -- did you ever find another good Trackster? I'm looking for one - in Idaho, but will take it to Alaska if I find a good one. Thanks.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.