My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought one sight unseen . The guy said the machine was ruff and the motor purred , ( Wisconsin -Robin/3 cyl ) so I bought it for the engine. anyone know about these machines before I cut it up for scrap.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kind of interesting little bugger. Think it might be a canidate for a FEL ? kinda like putting a skid steer loader on it ?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Toro Groundmaster 72 was very much like that rig.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
picked up the Frontline Cushman to day , It was dark so i'll take pic's in the mornning. the hydro pump is gone :( so i'll have to look for one , I'll gets some close ups of the drive axle and see if you guys can suggest anything that would fit it , maybe a Jacobsen hydro rear end ?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did some reasearch and found that Jacobsen has the Cushman line. I'll see if the hydro is used in another mower. anyone know where i can download a PDF file on this let me know.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well theres more than meets the eye here. I was out working on the axle and discoverd that when I turn the axle by hand the worm gear does not move. and when I try to turn the worm gear it's stuck , soo I guess the axle is toast. spent all day researching the net and found nothing. I guess I pull the engine and scrap it out. looks like I'll take the top frame off and keep the lower frame to hold the engine and some drive parts inplace.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
benn out in the shop and was measureing the old Bolens 1050 to refit the 3cyl Wisconsen in. I'll have to move the hood forward 5 inches and lift it about 2 inches. Relocate the radiator and electric fan cool it. take the PTO cluch and weld a new barcket underneath to replace the old bolens chutch , that will fit nicely. Cut the shaft and put a joy coupling in or a good universal joint to mate up the cluch. and now fighre out where the gas tank goes LOL. guess i'll put it where the battery is and relocate that to under the seat.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After work I was looking at the transaxle . it seems the hydrostatic pump pushes in on the little spline callor and enguages a cluch inside the gear houseing. i'm not sure this is only a guess. I'm new this type of axle so if anyone knows that can help. It's a single speed axle so I guess to go in reverse the hydro turns backwards ?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm thinking on getting a new axle and mount that where the PTO use to be that way it would be centered to the pumkin drive gear. ANY suggestion on an axle , single speed. A nice 2 speed older rear end would be nice too. I'm looking at makeing this into a FEL only, so no need for the PTO. heres some pics of the old axle, don't know who makes it. Any ebay guys want to handle this stuff let me know. Hub to Hub is 43 1/2 inches

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys so i have a dilemma, im running a Cushman 72'' Hydrostatic mower, not sure what year. Now both of the belt's shredded the other day, and im wondering if anyone here is familiar with this machine and if so could you help me out with the installation with the new belts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:thanku:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When i purchased mine the hydro was gone . So i'm not sure how it comes apart. I have one belt it's from Cushman No#885097 if that helps , the other small number on the belt are 2140 , A -cog type. if you know what the part No# is for the hydrostatic is that would be helpfull to me and any photos or diagrams of the hydro set up , I belive my axle is bad too from someone trying to tow it. Sooo the machine might be toast. I spin the small spline and nothing moves.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
there are 6 bolts to the joy coupleing on the back of the engine , 3 in each side that has to be removed there allen wrench type. remove that first and then pop the belts on.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm getting a little closer to finding more info on this machine. The hydro transmission is a Eaton 11. if anyone has a good used one let me know. I'm still trying to fugure out the axle weather its good or not.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chris if it's a 4 wheel machine then the model is 898809. On the left back by the radiator on the fendr flareing side is the model and serial no# the year is in the S/N

1 - 20 of 289 Posts