My Tractor Forum banner

Curtis Cab Question for x700 series

9K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Rjohnsonjr 
#1 ·
I have a Soft Curtis cab on a x720, after one season the soft yellow panels have shown wear already. I was wondering if I can get the glass panels from Curtis, that come with a hard cab and install on my cab. The frame looks the same in the back. Does anybody have pictures of there hard cab from the back so I can see how they are mounted?

#2 ·
Rob (rubadub) has a lot of pics on his site http://www.1969supersport.com/

Scroll down to Tractor and look around. There are a lot of the cab and a few of the back of it such as this one.

#5 ·
I just made some flat window frames and welded them in and had some glass cut to fit it works great!

Attachments

#8 ·
I will take some pictures later today it was a curtis sofside cab that I bought with no doors. I found the nice metal doors and had some glass made to replace the soft yellow pannels. I used the cab onetime in the cold blowing snow with the soft yellow it did not hold much heat but it was better than nothing but now that I have glass I usualy have a light long sleeve shirt on and I am fine.

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the help guys. I have one more question. On some of the pictures I can see the the bolts have nuts to hold bracket for glass. Does the frame have threaded holes for the rest? or are they self tapping screws. This is something I really want to do, going to call Dealer Monday.

Does anybody have Part# for these hard panels, the brackets and hardware.
I figured it would be easier to give part #'s to the dealer than explain. thanks

#10 · (Edited)
I just took the caliper out and measured them, and what you have is 1/4'' grade 8 bolts, nuts and washers holding the door hinges to the cab. I noticed the washers are a tad thicker it seems then a regular washer, but not a lot, I guess they are just not thin washers.

The window panels are held on to the cab with a clip and one metal screw in each tab which seems kind of flimsy but I guess if they are put in right thats all that counts.

I know when you shut the door the cab feels really solid, and to say I like this cab is an understatement, I flat out love it.

I just went out and took another look at those screws that are in the tabs holding the windows in, they have a lock nut on the inside, so what I thought was a screw is a bolt of sorts.

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.