My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
x534 Owner
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My in-laws LT155 may have reached the end of the road. The tranny feels weak and the steering just completely failed. I'm not sure how much money I should invest in this older tractor. I was wondering what is a comparable tractor in the current JD lineup. I have about 2 flat acres to mow. No winter duty. I do pull a lawn sweeper and small cart on occasion.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi.

I have a 2005 JD LT160 with 192 hours that I plan on selling soon. It has a 42" deck with mulch kit and rear bagger. It has been well maintained since I bought it new. It comes with all the manuals. I would be willing to let it go to a fellow member for a good price if you're interested. It is the same as yours, just the later model JD LT series. I realize it's not a new tractor, but would be a good replacement.

:fing32:

·
Penn State Puller!
2,796 Posts
If you're looking to go brand new, a good replacement would be either the X300, X310, or X320. The X300 is the best match for the LT155, but it has the weak K46 transaxle which will put you in the same situation in another 10 years, maybe less. If you want to upgrade a little, the X310 is a small tractor with hydraulic lift and power steering, as well as the K58 trans. The only deck you can get on the 310 is the 42". The X320 has the K58, which is a little stronger, but has manual lift and manual steering. You can go up to a 54" deck on that model.

In summary:

Modern LT155=X300

Modern LT155 with hydraulic lift, power steering, and bigger trans=X310

Modern LT155 with bigger trans and deck=X320

Your choice.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My in-laws LT155 may have reached the end of the road. The tranny feels weak and the steering just completely failed. I'm not sure how much money I should invest in this older tractor. I was wondering what is a comparable tractor in the current JD lineup. I have about 2 flat acres to mow. No winter duty. I do pull a lawn sweeper and small cart on occasion.
Hmmm...If your in-laws are paying for it then I'd suggest a X749. :hide:

Like JD210-LA150 said...either an X310 or X320.

·
x534 Owner
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I was thing maybe one of the larger "D" series was equivalent but after looking at them they seem lighter duty than the LT series. The X300 series seem heavier duty. I will be looking at the X300s this week then the X500s and then the X700s....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts