My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a salesman come by work this afternoon. Got to talking about lawnboys, he said he had one for sale. He couldnt remember the model , but knew that it is a commercial series, with mag deck, and a seperate black fuel tank that rode on the rear of the mower, but it has a strange handle assy. It is self propel, similar to the sens-track handles according to him. I couldnt think at all of a model with these features.

He said it had a bent handle design......almost flat when it attached to the mower body, and the handle bends down to propel........
Anyone know what this thing is?What it might be?

I am thinking I want to buy it. He said it needed a bailer cable, he has the cable, just hasnt put it on, something like a late 80's mower is what he remembered, and that it is 2stroke w premix, not oil injection.

Im baffled.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I remember he said it didnt have staggered wheels. I have almost no doubt you guys are correct. I think Im going to buy it.......whats another mower. I also found another M21BMR locally.......

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Soooo whats the diff between a suburban and a 6211? But i would go and get that if i was u!!!! :p

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Maybe it is a suburban....

View attachment 66610
Hey, that was mine (RIP)... Make sure the drive wheels don't lock when you pull the machine back. It could also possibly be a 8481ae.

The difference between the 6211 and the suburban is basically color & the comm has an engine guard. Also, the four square suburban self propel have the "push apart or push assist" style self propel and the comms of those years (four square) had a bail to pull to engage self propel.

The staggered deck suburbans and comms of the same years both had capstan self propel. I'm not sure why they used three different sp styles for the same model year machines...

-Dave

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Soooo whats the diff between a suburban and a 6211? But i would go and get that if i was u!!!! :p
A 6211 is a commercial model, and Suburbans are commercial grade. Suburbans were made in the 1980's for families who had large yards. That's why there is a large fuel tank on them. Suburbans, IMO, are still good commercial units. Another difference is that a 6211 has an orange tank, and a Suburban a black tank. Also, Suburbans have white wheels, rather than orange. They have different shroud designs, and the Suburban doesn't have the guards. I have a 6430 Suburban and I love those machines! I hope that this helps. I know more about the Suburbans, this was just a quick post of my knowledge on them.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
A 6211 is a commercial model, and Suburbans are commercial grade. Suburbans were made in the 1980's for families who had large yards. That's why there is a large fuel tank on them. Suburbans, IMO, are still good commercial units. Another difference is that a 6211 has an orange tank, and a Suburban a black tank. Also, Suburbans have white wheels, rather than orange. They have different shroud designs, and the Suburban doesn't have the guards. I have a 6430 Suburban and I love those machines! I hope that this helps. I know more about the Suburbans, this was just a quick post of my knowledge on them.
The only difference in the suburban shroud is that it's painted green and that it has a "lawnboy" sticker on it and not a raised up emblem.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
The only difference in the suburban shroud is that it's painted green and that it has a "lawnboy" sticker on it and not a raised up emblem.

Like this.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
That is the strangest looking thing I have seen from lawnboy.....what an awkward handle and look.......just what I like.
Its like the saab or volvo of mowers.......

Both of which I like.

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Those schoolbus Lawnboys give me the shivers:hide:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts