My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
John Deere X370 42" K57 + 10PX Cart
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was looking for a utility trailer for my X370 and came across this ad. A guy selling his JD plus a DIY utility trailer. I found the construction very curious and it seems well done, so I just came here to share it with you. I don't intend to buy it, but I was very curious about its carrying capacity, so I sent some questions to the seller but I still haven't gotten any answers.

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Asphalt

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1979 JD 317 52 inch deck 48 inch blower , 1985 JD 318 52 inch deck 48 inch blower
79 Posts
looks very well built id say the limiting factor will be the amount of weight it can dump and the weight the tires can carry .i have a friend that has a bunch of boat trailers laying around i see utility carts to made lol.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks very well built id say the limiting factor will be the amount of weight it can dump and the weight the tires can carry .i have a friend that has a bunch of boat trailers laying around i see utility carts to made lol.
the trailer in itself already seems heavy in proportion to the tractor that will tow it

·
Registered
1979 JD 317 52 inch deck 48 inch blower , 1985 JD 318 52 inch deck 48 inch blower
79 Posts
the trailer in itself already seems heavy in proportion to the tractor that will tow it
I could load er up and tow behind the 317 or 318 though .looks to be inspired by those dirt dump trucks with the automatic lifting gate as it dumps.i also assume the the air tank underneath needs to be refilled with air after a few dumps i assume.

·
Super Moderator
42,564 Posts
I was actually expecting electric (for tailgate) and electric/hydraulic for the bed lift. I like the design he did where the dumping action lifts the tailgate for dumping. I also expect that the price of that would be pretty high as well!💵💵💵

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Id own it just for the jelly factor lol whats the price of just the cart anyways though i think you said it was a package deal .
Exactly, it's part of the package but even so I asked how much it would cost only and what would be the load capacity. Still waiting for an answer. It's an ad that dates back 20 weeks so I wouldn't be surprised if it's no longer valid

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
The seller is clearly a very accomplished metal worker, probably a machinist. Noted a good sized lathe in the garage.
Bullet proof trailer for sure.

·
Super Moderator
11,930 Posts
The seller is clearly a very accomplished metal worker, probably a machinist. Noted a good sized lathe in the garage.
And a torch, and especially a keg. This guy is MTF material. We need to recruit him ASAP. I'll just pretend I didn't see the shorts and pasty chicken legs.

Building Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wood Floor

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea what I love is the mechanism that mechanically actuates and auto-opens the tail gate as the bed tilts back - without the need for dedicated actuators on the tailgate itself.
I am an engineer. Things like this are exciting and cool to me!
it's exactly the reproduction of the full-size dump trucks model, I agree with you that it's very interesting, I also freaked out about this detail more than the hydraulic lifting. On the other hand it doesn't seem like it will work well for branches and bulky things. That wouldn't stop me from making one :D

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
All the full size dump truck tailgates swing open on a pivot. Not like this. At least I've never seen a dump truck have this - but agree it may be out there somewhere.....
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

on others, they use dedicated actuators... again... not the same.
Tire Wheel Sky Motor vehicle Vehicle

1 - 20 of 32 Posts