My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
That there's worth fixin'
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd better do some weeding this am since we have some heavy rain on the way. The tractor works good for cultivating since it's so small and light. And the turning brakes really make it nice for spinning it around at the end of the row. It will pretty much pivot on one wheel if it's in soft dirt.
Tomatoes aren't very big yet. I planted 25 tomato seedlings two weeks ago. 18 Brussel sprout seedlings are doing ok. Those went in early since they can stand some cold. Using the tractor makes it a lot easier. You still have to weed in close with hand tools but the cultivator just annihilates the weeds between rows.
Here's a couple pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Great pics thanks for sharing :fing32:

·
That there's worth fixin'
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vert,
Could you tell us, What paint did you use on your tractor? Where did you get the paint? I need the paint for my 1959 DB.

That is a nice looking DB
Thanks Rusty!
The paint is from NAPA.

Acrylic enamel. 53-59935 Lt. Gold Metallic

A little under $40 a quart. It's pretty close to the original color. But there was a lot of variation in the paint too. Some tractors were more gold and some more towards copper.

·
Registered
716 Posts
love the pics, how many heads do you turn when out riding/working that bugger?

·
Man w/skills
996 Posts
Great looking little bugger!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
That is the perfect cultivating machine.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Great pics!! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
It is great to see the Old DB out and about!!! Looks like it did a great job too.
:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

1 - 14 of 14 Posts