My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here goes, I would like to know if any others have the Enforcer and if they have had problems with it. This is what I wrote the manufacturer:

I purchased the Enforcer less than 2 years ago after much research and hearing that its one of the best!
I use it for home mowing only, about one acres of grass. I have 40 hours on it and this is my story:

I noticed that the unit was mowing uneven. I inspected the deck mounting assembly and found that the Deck Lift bracket jam nut was missing and the other side was loose. I replaced it and used lock tight.

After about 5 hours the chock assembly popped out of the housing. After about 10 hours the engine throttle assembly did not hold its position and had to be replaced!

While mowing the unit quit. I found half of the clutch on the ground! On examination I found that the clutch retainer assembly nut was missing and the bolt that holds the Electric Clutch backed out and clutch broke off.

The back rollers hit the left and right IZT Transmissions as well. I moved them down to another position however wonder why you would install them in a place where this would occur!!!!

Gentlemen, this all happened with less than 50 hours on the unit and I only using it on my own lawn. I had a bad feeling when it only had a 2 year warrantee on it! The center did warrantee the clutch however I am extremely upset with the unit to this point and feel that I may have a lemon.

It is falling apart every time I use it. I have a feeling that the factory did not tighten correctly or use lock tight where necessary. This is supposed to be a commercial unit, the hours I have on it if used commercially would have been exceeded in one week !

I paid $5,170.68 for this unit and I don’t feel I got my money’s worth at this point! I have a 40 year old 16 HP sears tractor that is still running and I never have problems with it!

I would like to know what you can do for me as I don’t have faith that this unit will stand up in time and become a money pit!

At 90 hours the idler flat pulley bearings fell out and just about burned up the belt!!

Is there a lemon law for mowers??
thanks, shopman1

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
[...]Is there a lemon law for mowers??
thanks, shopman1
:MTF_wel: shopman1 !

Sorry to hear of your troubles..

Lemon laws vary by state. I googled "lemon law" and the first hit was lemonlawamerica.com which seems to be a good resource for this.

A quick read of the first few paragraphs of Pennsylvania's Lemon Law seems to indicate it's only for "autos".. things driven on public roads. Not sure you could argue that would apply to your tractor.

Writing the manufacturer doesn't hurt, but have you also tried working through the dealer where you bought this, assuming you bought it from a dealer?

Good luck... and as one of the members here always says.. "check your nuts" often..

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Also sorry to hear about your way too many problems. When did you write them? I will be interested to hear what they say. Good luck.

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
:MTF_wel: and enjoy the forum. Get your dealer and CC Rep involved. If you have a good dealer and REP you'll probably be ok. I liked my dealer but the CC Rep wasn't worth a plug nickel. After my experience with a 2180 CC I will never buy another thing from MTD/CC. I wish you the very best and hope they take care of it for you. slkpk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The last problem with the idler pulley occured at the 90 hour mark and on mowing after the dealer has done a complete check up on it. All other problems has happened at the 40 hour mark and this is rated as a commercial model?? If used for commercial it would have had all these problems within two weeks or so. I go see the dealer today.

Is there any others with the the Enforcer zero turn commercial riding mower out there?
thanks,
shopman1
:thSick:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
OP - while wondering what the "other fella's story" is, seems you got a real sorry dealer. IMHO, time to get CC area rep and thet dealer both set down with you to have a "word of prayer" about getting and keeping things right on that big mower investment you got... and make sure you got written records for the history you detailed. MAY be critical if you need to go legal...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts