My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a cub cadet-yanmar ex3200 that I bought in 2010 from a dealer in Tennessee.

That tractor is still being produced, but no longer in conjunction with cub cadet.

I'm not sure what the current model is called, but i am wondering if, during the cub years, if yanmar built an identical tractor under it's own name? If yes, does anyone know that model #?

I understand that the FEL and Backhoe I have were not made by yanmar but produced by Cub to fit the ex3200. Is this true? If yes who is building them now?

·
Gravely1964
4,023 Posts
Hi,

I have a cub cadet-yanmar ex3200 that I bought in 2010 from a dealer in Tennessee.

That tractor is still being produced, but no longer in conjunction with cub cadet.

I'm not sure what the current model is called, but i am wondering if, during the cub years, if yanmar built an identical tractor under it's own name? If yes, does anyone know that model #?

I understand that the FEL and Backhoe I have were not made by yanmar but produced by Cub to fit the ex3200. Is this true? If yes who is building them now?
I always thought the only difference between a cub yanmar and a yanmar was the stickers. Im sure they were made by yanmar and the current model is the ex 3200 yanmar no change. Pretty much when cub and yanmar went there separate ways the dealerships had a choice to keep selling yanmar and become a yanmar dealer as well or drop it. Where I work my dealership decided to drop it. For money reasons as we loved the yanmars and there a very good tractor. But if your not makeing money your not makeing money Sigh

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always thought the only difference between a cub yanmar and a yanmar was the stickers. Im sure they were made by yanmar and the current model is the ex 3200 yanmar no change. Pretty much when cub and yanmar went there separate ways the dealerships had a choice to keep selling yanmar and become a yanmar dealer as well or drop it. Where I work my dealership decided to drop it. For money reasons as we loved the yanmars and there a very good tractor. But if your not makeing money your not makeing money Sigh
Would you elaborate on the staement? What were the money reasons, if I can presume to ask? Too much inventory required? Margins too small?

·
Gravely1964
4,023 Posts
Would you elaborate on the staement? What were the money reasons, if I can presume to ask? Too much inventory required? Margins too small?
We didn't make much money in the end. On a sc2450 lets say there was 500 to be made in the end. It takes time for a guy to service and make sure its ready to. Grease. check fluid levels etc etc. Half tank of diesel a guy to deliver it. You might make 300 off the deal .If everything went well. When crunch the numbers there wasn't much being made. Are only reason for not chooseing to be a yanmar dealership. They were a great machine and otherwise good to deal with as a hole. (numbers above are not actually but you get the picture I hope)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We didn't make much money in the end. On a sc2450 lets say there was 500 to be made in the end. It takes time for a guy to service and make sure its ready to. Grease. check fluid levels etc etc. Half tank of diesel a guy to deliver it. You might make 300 off the deal .If everything went well. When crunch the numbers there wasn't much being made. Are only reason for not chooseing to be a yanmar dealership. They were a great machine and otherwise good to deal with as a hole. (numbers above are not actually but you get the picture I hope)
That's what my dealer, well the one I bought the tractor from in Tennessee, said-quoting just about the same number. He added that the way they made money was that they sold a lot of tractors and that entitled them to a fat rebate check from Yanmar at the end of the year. My local dealer wanted $7,000 more than Smith Equipment for the same machine. I suppose he sells a few but that's all. Meanwhile, it's good to hear positive, unsolicited feedback from a person who is intimate with these machines. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts