My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a pic of this on the other forum. 27 hp twin kohler, 54 inch deck, many other goodies. Sll for about $2400. Check it out.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,459 Posts
I'd love to check it out, but where?

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
:Welcome: houdini yea wheres the link? How your JD Scotts doing by the way.

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
houdini said:
Just saw a pic of this on the other forum. 27 hp twin kohler, 54 inch deck, many other goodies. Sll for about $2400. Check it out.
I bet it was the one i saw at Lowes the other night. I think it was a 1554 or something like that. I was impressed by it. It seemed like a lot of tractor for the money. The hood opened up like a car hood and it took me a while to figure that out. :bonk:

Durwood

·
Registered
790 Posts
SLT1554 (SuperLawnTractor).........yep,its a hoss for a belt drive LT.27hp Kohler Command with the Cub 11gauge -54" deck w.timken roller bearings in spindles.we sell every one we've gotten in @ $2399 ..waiting on 4 more....
but for 1000 more you get a 50" drive shaft machine.
and a cub drive shaft tractor is a lifetime tractor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cub super

Hey Jody. Yep, still got the old s1642 and it is still going strong. Good to hear that your old ugly self is still around. I saw that cub on a post at garden web. Hopefully someone who knows how will post the pic here.

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Yea I'm still ugly and I'm still around :aetsch: That was the SLT1554 Nice for the price. I like the way the hood opens like a car. Gives you some much more room.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your very welcome Houdini but as for the specs......just copy & paste em here. You must be tryin to work me like a real mule! hehe

·
Registered
280 Posts
Gawsh! Will it do a wheelie?

Seriously though, I want one of these tractors. I was at the store the other day picking up some misc bolts and stuff, Had to take a closer look. Salesperson got a little excited, I told him,"Just looking, thanks". Then another salesperson came up and said, "Nice lawnmower, huh? "
I said sharply, "Uh, its not a mower its a tractor and no, Im fine, Just looking."

I wish I could look without the Buzzards hovering over my back. Maybe I was a little mad after my girlfriend said, "Oh cute little tractor, thats just like yours at home except its yellow". I spent the rest of the ride home trying to describe to her why mine wasnt like the one at the store. Never ending battle...

Attachments

·
Citizen of Earth
15,459 Posts
I've heard good things about the GT1554, but just now was comparing it to the SLT1554 on the Cub website, and see that the tires are a little bigger, and the deck is listed as 11 ga. on the GT, 12 ga on the SLT and that the GT's tranny is simply listed as a GT transmission, and the SLT is listed as a heavy duty hydrostatic pump, so is there really an advantage in the GT1554 vs. the SLT1554? Only $400 difference, but it seems a person could save the $400 and get essentially the same tractor, or am I missing something besides the tires and the slight difference in the deck?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cub GT 1554

I Just Purchased The Gt 1554 special order from LOWES.I Also Ordere the 30"tiller.So Far seems pretty Impressive!
Still Trying to figure out the belt tension system for the Tiller the rest of the tiller installed and ready to go!

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
That just ain't right, if Cub would have had that SLT1554 out a couple years ago, I would have defintley purchased that unit instead of my JD. Fine looking machine.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts