My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luck was on my side.A neighbor that lives 5 blocks from me told me he had an old tractor he wanted me to have.Said he hasnt run the engine in almost 15 years.Ive never seen or knew that he had this tractor.
Anyway i took my trailer and went to his house and lo and behold --its an original.Has no deck.He said its in the weeds somewhere. This cub looks great.Has the bird on the hood with a seven horse engine and oil bath filter.All is there except the deck.Been in his shop the last 15 years.
Ok I get it home and put a battery on it and put one shot of gas in carb and it fired right up.Smoked when it first started but got better as it ran.
I looked under it and there were old weeds wrapped around the driveshaft.I cut these off but now it leaks fluid.The weeds were very oily so i assume the seal is leaking.Can you still get the seals and where??
Now yesterday--a guy told me about a fellow that used to have alot of old cubs.I went to his house to see if he had a grill for a cub cadet 70.
He said Ive sold almost all my old cubs but i do have one left.
It was a cub original with round fenders and the rear lift.It also has the bird and the oil bath filter along with the 7 hp engine and comes complete with the deck.He also had a new set of front wheels with bearings that had never been mounted on anything. I asked what kind of price and he said he needed to get a 100 dollars for the old gal.Believe me ,she came home with me.
Its not as nice as the first one but well worth bringing home.
Looked good enough that the better half was with me and she never said a word except to tell our grown kids at dinner that dad bought a little honey.

Long story but can anyone help with a place to get seal??

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,733 Posts
Uuuuummmm, :wwp:

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
:wwp: :wwp: :wwp:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Congrats on the "Original" finds.

The seal shouldn't be a big deal to source. If you can't find one through the CC places listed before or the dealer, try an industrial bearing supply. Seals are pretty much a dimensional item and with the correct measurements you can find the one you need. Same applies to most bearings.

I get about all my bearings and seals through the bearing sources other than dealerships and save a ton of money in the process as well as often getting better bearings and seals.

Roger
Old, Tired, and Grumpy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts