1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Long list of accessories too. Factory bucket, air suspension, road lighting kit, cabin window and doors...

Maybe Cub Cadet isn't a MTD company in Europe?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah, it is, there is a link on the site to MTD, and the three blades of grass is on the hood logo...

·
Super Moderator
16,375 Posts

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Thats a great looking tractor and looks to be much better built than the ones sold in the States. slkpk

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats a great looking tractor and looks to be much better built than the ones sold in the States. slkpk
ya really, 4wd, power steering, attachments such as front wheel weights... I thought "American" companies were supposed to give their best at home???

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
The web page says it has "4 wheel motors" and that the "smaller wheel motors" leave more room for a larger discharge chute. Is a wheel motor just another one of those funny British phrases and simply means "wheel"?

Or does this thing actually have electric motors at the wheels and the engine drives a generator? That would be pretty radical but I kind of doubt it.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think that's just the brit way of 4wd, it's got that Kawasaki engine. Funny it does say for transmission - 4 wheel motors, drive - all wheel drive. It does look like it's built like a tank. I wonder if the hood is plastic and breaks though :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any rear mounted 3PH or tiller...

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Kind of a goofy looking machine IMO. The one pictured must be 2wd. Dunno how those front wheels would be driven w/ out some type of flanged hub. This is what it looks like to me:

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think I passed her in wal-mart last night.

·
Super Moderator
16,375 Posts
I belive the european Cubs are Built in the Czech Rep.
Thunderbirl most of the 4wd cubs are rear discharge so no rear 3point or sleeve hitch The 2wd one are like the Cub's built here which can take the Hydrualic tiller.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sergeant,

Thanks. I've used my tiller a lot. For that, 2WD is OK, but 4WD would be sweet. However, no tiller - no deal! I'm keeping my 3225!

·
Super Moderator
16,375 Posts
I agree I wouldn't want a GT unless I could till with it. Most U.K. brand tractor's like Westwood or Countax have powered attachments but no tiller for them or even a 3point or sleeve hitch. But they will call a Lawn tractor over in Europe a Garden tractor.:thThumbsU

1 - 16 of 16 Posts