My Tractor Forum banner

2741 - 2757 of 2757 Posts

·
16,323 Posts
I Just run My XT3 every so often for about 10 Minutes. I could Use it In winter as I have a front Blade But Have Only Had two 1/2inch snow Falls and a 2inch snow fall. So even My Diesel tractors are Not getting used Much run time ? (y)
///////////////////////////////////////////////////

I used our XT2 about three weeks ago to get the last round of leaves up. She is now sitting covered up, under a carport. Was three years old this past September--no real problems yet==other than than wonky steering situation earlier in it's life--which I (we) finally figured out just a dry centric gear turning on the steering gear at a certain speed/lean. A small dab of lithium white grease and fixed that.
No need yet to charge the battery....Don't over think stuff unless the situation is tyhere==I find that sometimes--I bring trouble on myself--by 'worrying' (bang head)

glenn

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,742
I try to run mine every few weeks if I dont get it out to use. Just wondering if an occasional charge my help overall battery condition.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Does anybody use a battery buddy when either storing or don't use tractor as much?
I just purchased 2 Schumacher SC1279 charger/maintainers for my 2 Cubs that have new batteries in them. I'm hoping they will help prolong battery life when laid up; it seams every mower battery with a few years on it dies over the winter even if removed, stored and a charger is periodically placed on it. :(

·
Registered
393 Posts
Just mowed front lawn. (We are North Central Florida) Didn't really need it but I ran the mower with the deck as high as it'll go to knock back the winter weeds a bit. And it looks like we're going to get a week of warm weather so I'm expecting all kinds of early, early spring growth. Stress the trees and such.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Put charger on battery it really . and thought it may need it. Has everyone checked there?
I walked out to the shed the other day and both charger/maintainers were glowing green indicating batteries were charged & being maintained so all appears well; guess I'll find out come spring..lol.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Then the temps plummeted today to 39.5* (sccording to our weather station). I was out trying a different manual lens/camera body combo and nearly froze my ... F'ing cold.

·
16,323 Posts
Just did a full 'spring service on my XT2. Oil/filter's/new fuel line grease and sharpened blades.....Belts still look fine..Aired the tires and my wife cut the whole yard--spring has really taken on here--with all the rain and reasonably warmer weather. greening up nicely...170'6 hrs on her now---and the battery was holding a good charge and the system is charging well while running-checked it w/ my volt meter. (handy gadget)

glenn

·
16,323 Posts
Well--just after we cut the yard Sunday--our lawn-care service (Natural applications only) came and sprayed this a.m,. for early emergence weeds and a fertilizer mix....Sh'e been greening up good for the last few weeks...

glenn

·
Registered
70 Posts
My yard has just started to dry up, but I've got to clean up all the downed branches and sticks first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2741 - 2757 of 2757 Posts