My Tractor Forum banner

2721 - 2740 of 2750 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Crunchy grass here in Florida. Looking for rain but next possible is this weekend and the chance is low, only 30%, and that's next Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Crunchy grass here in Florida. Looking for rain but next possible is this weekend and the chance is low, only 30%, and that's next Tuesday.
Been cooling off and raining heavily here in NW AR. Grass is super thick and I had knee surgery 2 days ago. Hoping I don't have to resort to the wife destroying my equipment mowing.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Ahh, it was rather cool today at only 96° with a realfeel of 103. Mowed the side yard since the wiregrass stalks were bugging me, that and mulching the leaves that have been falling. The dust from mowing was quite incredible, at times I had to stop to let the slight wind blow it away, then watch the cloud slowly move away.
Quite the dry September, but October is supposed to be the dry month. I'll have to see how that goes. No rain for the next 10 days is the forecast.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Remind me to tell you the story of wifie, the CC 1046 and the dead branch into the transaxle pulley. Not pretty. (But I did get an impact wrench out of the situation.)

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Remind me to tell you the story of wifie, the CC 1046 and the dead branch into the transaxle pulley. Not pretty. (But I did get an impact wrench out of the situation.)
Ha! Mine is:
"I ran the mower off in the hole in the field and its stuck"
" Mowers making noise" Flat tire and blade beating the ground till it bent
"Caught the mower on fire mowing leaves"
Recently ran the 3240 with the choke closed for hours, put out a spark plug, filling the crankcase with gas and spitting raw gas and carbon out the muffler. I'll be lucky if the cylinder isnt scored from that stupidity.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anyone put the front blade on to move snow? How does the xt2 handle moving snow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Does anybody use a battery buddy when either storing or don't use tractor as much?
No I have not used one. The GT3235 gets used year round, so no need there. But the GT2550 has been unused in the winter since I got the GT3235 with a blower (sold the blower for the 2550) and have never used a battery maintainer on that one. That tractor gets used well into November for leaf pick-up (not this year!) and I am generally cutting grass in April, so it usually sits unused 4 months. Not sure if I am just lucky or what, but I got 7 years on the original 2550 battery, with 3 so far on the replacement. I think on tractors with lighter usage it probably does help. This may be a good stand alone thread, I would like to hear others experience. Cheers!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,733
No I have not used one. The GT3235 gets used year round, so no need there. But the GT2550 has been unused in the winter since I got the GT3235 with a blower (sold the blower for the 2550) and have never used a battery maintainer on that one. That tractor gets used well into November for leaf pick-up (not this year!) and I am generally cutting grass in April, so it usually sits unused 4 months. Not sure if I am just lucky or what, but I got 7 years on the original 2550 battery, with 3 so far on the replacement. I think on tractors with lighter usage it probably does help. This may be a good stand alone thread, I would like to hear others experience. Cheers!
I thought about it but the tractor doesn't normally sit for a long time. I just mulched up leaves and sat for a long time and had plenty of starting power.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
How long has evryone owned there XTs? Wonder how satisfied overall everyone is. I am glad I went with the XT.
I just bought mine in late May of this year and am very happy with it so far. It cut my mowing time almost in half and the only regret is I shouldn't have wasted 2 years looking at a different brand before I bought it.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
How long has evryone owned there XTs? Wonder how satisfied overall everyone is. I am glad I went with the XT.
I've had my XT3 since May of 2018. I love mine after installing taller front and rear tires(ATVs on the rear) so I can mow my rough fields and my winch lift sleeve hitch. Also did a tractor suspension seat to smooth out the bumps. Other than the grass filled dim headlights I think it's an awesome GT.
20190827_154425.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,387 Posts
Has anyone used their XT this winter? I mulched up some leaves and that helps maintain battery.
I Just run My XT3 every so often for about 10 Minutes. I could Use it In winter as I have a front Blade But Have Only Had two 1/2inch snow Falls and a 2inch snow fall. So even My Diesel tractors are Not getting used Much run time 😢 (y)

2721 - 2740 of 2750 Posts