My Tractor Forum banner

2701 - 2720 of 2750 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Huh, that's the first I've heard of anyone saying it _isn't_ warmer!
LOL, that all depends on where you get yer news from. If all you do is take the MSM with the minute by minute doom & gloom , then you would be right. But if you were to actually look for the actual temps most anywhere, you may find a different story.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Huh, that's the first I've heard of anyone saying it _isn't_ warmer!
In eastern Canada it was a lot hotter, here in the middle of Alberta, we happened to get more rain and be a little cooler.

And it is truly idiotic to go "It's cold somewhere, therefore global warming isn't happening." (not aimed at you, ChuckT).

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
In eastern Canada it was a lot hotter, here in the middle of Alberta, we happened to get more rain and be a little cooler.

And it is truly idiotic to go "It's cold somewhere, therefore global warming isn't happening." (not aimed at you, ChuckT).
We are in a Global Cooling period. That big yellow thing up there in the sky is in a solar minimum phase now and has been for a couple of years.

Spaceweather.com Time Machine

Or:

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/temp-and-precip/national-temperature-index/time-series?datasets[]=uscrn&parameter=anom-tavg&time_scale=p12&begyear=2004&endyear=2019&month=12

·
Registered
366 Posts

Hah don't worry I'm well past my fantasy stage.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Waiting on Dorian. Anything I put down now would be down the storm drains before it could do anything. Drat.
That's if it didn't just blow away. Almost anything not solidly in the ground, you might find in the next county after Dorian passes.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
We have been quite dry here for the month of August. Panama City, 65 miles to the south, got over 18 inches for the month while we got maybe 4 inches.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Hey we'll share.
Nah, you just keep it all down there. One of the things I've definitely noticed is the lack of mosquitoes. I got bit once in January of this year and thought it would be a bad year. Turned out it hasn't been. Hardly even touched the three cans of repellent I bought in March.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Not much really, little gloomy, 0.33 inches on the PWS. We've had more rain from just rain. Still not planning anything outside ambitious til tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Looks like we will have an early fall as grass season is concerned. Does anyone else have these conditions?
Mines still thick in Arkansas. We are cooler than you I believe

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Grass here has almost turned crunchy as we haven't had rain in weeks now and temps during the day near a hundred. Some of the wiregrass could care less as they have the stalks 2 feet high. The pecan leaves are dropping so much it looks like yellow brown confetti. More of the same for the next 10 days.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Had a busy weekend and didn't get to mow, so I figured no biggie I'll mow Monday, it rained and I was unable to mow. Now I've got like 8" grass. Lol, it's crazy how wet it's been and the grass is still green and growing. At a week, it leaves clumps and I can't mulch. I think I'm going to have to bag this weekend as with shorter days I won't be able to mow before the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2701 - 2720 of 2750 Posts