My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2734 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2015 Cub Cadet XT Enduro

It seems Cub cadet has done a major over haul of its Lawn and Garden tractors that will be available in October. Here is a link to the article I found. I would say they have raised the bar from manufacture to warranty to options. I would think the John Deere guys will have to do something to compete at these price point. I saw a video that the X2 series uses the Kawasaki motor and has a fabricated deck available. Here's the link to the article.

http://www.wggb.com/2014/09/19/cub-cadet-lawn-tractors-get-full-makeover-for-2015/

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: 2015 Cub Cadet XT Enduro

The X2 I saw in video has Kawasaki engine and some models have an up graded. Hydrostat tranny. They even have a model in that X2 series with a fabricated deck that JD doesn't offer on the X300. The JD X300 has the K46 and the standard 2014 CC had the same along with the KW motor. They improved the seat back height and angle, e coated the frame, made the deck come off with three cotter pins, made all the serviceable stuff easier to get at. And it has a 3 year warranty on the motor and tranny and 5 year on most the rest if I remember correctly. It sounds they addressed many concerns from those who are partial against the brand. The video says the X2 is 1800.00 that's with a manual PTO which you have that choice also, I don't mind either way manual or electric. Unless the guys in green or orange have a big release CC seems to have raised the bar.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Consumer reports is going to do a test on lawn tractors in October, they are pretty unbiased. I don't think a CC made the best buy or excellent rating for 2014. This will be a good litmus test to see if the new model has addressed most of the concerns people have.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts

The app is a little out of the box.. Its a little overkill since maintenance isn't really all that hard to keep up with, to me anyway. It's one of the first mowers to integrate smart phone technology that I've seen.

In my experience MTD lawn tractors perform well for their intended purpose. When you start to push or abuse them they won't hold up, but most won't. They are made for cutting grass, and the article even says the MTD decks do it better than most. In that regard they aren't bad at all.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The app is a little out of the box.. Its a little overkill since maintenance isn't really all that hard to keep up with, to me anyway. It's one of the first mowers to integrate smart phone technology that I've seen.

In my experience MTD lawn tractors perform well for their intended purpose. When you start to push or abuse them they won't hold up, but most won't. They are made for cutting grass, and the article even says the MTD decks do it better than most. In that regard they aren't bad at all.
I think with the HD tyranny's they are putting in the X3 they may be built for ground implements. We will see.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts

I hope they work better than Huskys AWD walk behinds have. Marketing invented something that no one needed and the suckers bought them. Roger

·
Senior MTF Member
1,815 Posts

Iam looking forward to seeing these.I have never had anything but great luck with CC.I can't say the same thing for the brand that many people think is the best.

·
Deceased Member
2,028 Posts

I think with the HD tyranny's they are putting in the X3 they may be built for ground implements. We will see.
On the Cub Cadet site they definitely state that it will handle ground engaging implements.

Good to see that MTD is making a decent tractor.

I know a lot of folks call the MTD products 'junk' but in fairness, they are making what their customers want. A low cost lawn tractor and nothing else.

When you build to a price point, compromises have to be made. That means cheap engines, lots of plastic, light gauge metal, light duty transmissions, etc. That means a light duty tractor with a limited life span.

MTD could very easily build the equivalent to the heavy duty GTs of old, but the demand for them would not be high enough to make it profitable

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts

On the Cub Cadet site they definitely state that it will handle ground engaging implements.

Good to see that MTD is making a decent tractor.

I know a lot of folks call the MTD products 'junk' but in fairness, they are making what their customers want. A low cost lawn tractor and nothing else.

When you build to a price point, compromises have to be made. That means cheap engines, lots of plastic, light gauge metal, light duty transmissions, etc. That means a light duty tractor with a limited life span.

MTD could very easily build the equivalent to the heavy duty GTs of old, but the demand for them would not be high enough to make it profitable
If they actually make a sleeve Hitch for there XT3 series I'll Be happy & I think my wife Might be happy. She is hoping they Make a Sleeve Hitch & a Tiller for the XT3 Series and she Might decide to replace Her 2002 Cub Cadet 2206 with one Until there's a OEM sleeve Hitch again she won't touch a Cub Cadet. Thinks the Current 2000 series are Just Lawn tractors with a GT Trans Because of the Lack Of OEM Ground enagement :thThumbsU

·
Registered
6,897 Posts

I hope they work better than Huskys AWD walk behinds have. Marketing invented something that no one needed and the suckers bought them. Roger
Or maybe a few people needed. In 1993 I was mowing lawns and had one with a bumpy and steep small back lawn. I had a commercial 21" Snapper self propelled with a Robin 4hp 2 stroke engine. It really could have used a locking rear axle or 4wd as it seems I was fighting the mower to mow that back yard. Even a limited movement suspension would have helped keep both rear tires on the ground over such a bumpy lawn.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I have been searching the net for all the information I can find on the new XT series and they seem like they have got it right making three versions for whatever your need is. The standard of comparison by many seems to be the JD300 and it seems the CC has exceeded this unofficial standard.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts

Hunter only time will tell if the exceeding a JD 300 is true or not. Are you a dealer selling them because your sure seem like you are. Hopefully all fo what you are hoping for will be true. Roger

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Hunter only time will tell if the exceeding a JD 300 is true or not. Are you a dealer selling them because your sure seem like you are. Hopefully all fo what you are hoping for will be true. Roger
The core of the 300 is a Kawasaki motor and K46 tranny from what I'm told the 2014 CC 1042KW had both of those also. Now CC has added a seat that is at least as good it would seem and added options of a fabricated deck Bluetooth needed or not, a easier deck removal, and a warranty that's 3 years on some items and 5 years on the others. These are just what I have read and watched on the net. All this at a lower price point than the JD300. Maybe the 300 will have a nice rebate or something to help.
No I'm not a dealer just a consumer that's looking at getting a new tractor to cut grass and maybe a wagon/trailer to do yard work. Its not that I don't like the 300 but it seems over priced for what it has at the core compared to a few others. I like researching about anything I may purchase. I called the dealer to see when I could see one they don't even know when and how many they will get yet.

1 - 20 of 2734 Posts