My Tractor Forum banner

Cub cadet steering problems

565 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jminuteman 
#1 ·
I have a cub cadet 3205 with steering problems. It will not turn to right very well. Turning left is ok. I have had 3 different used steering control valves and all 3 does the same thing. My question is this: can the lower steering cylinder leaking internal cause this problem? I would think it would. I would think it would be the same both directions but maybe not. Thanks

#3 ·
While it is remotely possible for a cylinder piston seal to be worn in such a manner as to cause steering issues in one direction and not the other, I'd be more inclined to suspect a hose issue. Hoses have been known to fail internally and form a sort of check valve restricting flow in one direction and free flow in the opposite.

This based on the installation of 3 different ps valves with the same results.

#4 ·
I have a cub cadet 3205 with steering problems. It will not turn to right very well. Turning left is ok. I have had 3 different used steering control valves and all 3 does the same thing. My question is this: can the lower steering cylinder leaking internal cause this problem? I would think it would. I would think it would be the same both directions but maybe not. Thanks

Also, while trying to go straight, the front wheels will slowly turn to the left so you have to keep constantly turn the steering wheel to the right all the time so you can go straight. It does build your arms up doing this. Lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.