My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced my old Troy-Bilt 32cc 4-cycle trimmer with the Cub Cadet. I think the engine is a copy of the Honda. It's vastly superior to the Troy-Bilt which never did run well. I've used the Cub with the trimmer attachment and the TrimmerPlus® pole saw attachment. The old machine would leak oil when used in any position other than upright. The Cub seems to be totally sealed and the carburetor had no problem when inverted.

The tiller attachment will be the true test of power but so far so good. Starting is really easy but it does want to warm up for a couple of minutes before you push it hard. Seems to be solid construction for the price point. All the connections and clamps are metal vs plastic which turned me off from the Ryobi I was considering.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I hope she works out!! I run the troybilt 29cc tb590ec. I had to tweak the main jet/discharge tube to richen it up, now it starts second pull when cold. Only issue I have and havent dug in to fix is it loves to syphon gas from the tank when in storage. She at least keeps the oil in the crankcase.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far the Cub Cadet seems to be a fine machine. The bump head, not so much. Once you get the hang of it (feel for how starting the replacement line) it's workable but I had to take it apart several times as part of the learning curve. On the bright side, the line feed mechanism seems to work well. Of course it should when it's brand new. It's an improvement over the one that came on the Troy-Bilt at least. I have a Ryobi bump head attachment that so far seems like the best mechanism but the guard on it is so small they might have well not even bothered.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So far the bump head on my troybilt works well... unless I am using it like a brush cutter on the large weeds in our pastures. It will jam and weld the line together, necessitating a tear down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts