My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys an Gals. Looking at step daughter's Model 12AE18JA010 mower. Was not the drive belt. Thought possibly drive engagement cable was not putting enough tension on pulley........replaced with new. Was not that. Before I tear into it again, and take another look, I have a question. I noticed when I had it on it's side, before buttoning everything back up, I could turn the pulley on the "differential', in the middle of the axle, and neither drive wheel moved. Does not appear to be the gears at end of axle that drive wheels. Gotta be a gear(s) inside the differential ? Surely not some some sort of a centrifugal type set up in that ?

Thanks Much

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Had one of those a couple of years ago (2018?). Bought used when I was in dire need of a mower. Only lasted a couple of months before the transmission died.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
It stopped "propelling" in the middle of the mow. Thinking the cable wasn't pulling the pulley in tight enough, that was the first item to be replaced. After getting a new cable & belt installed, the problem persisted. The price of the transmission was way over what I could afford, at that time, and put the mower in the metal trash pile. Ended up getting a very well used JD L120 rider that after I overhauled it, ran great for the next two years. Sold that for $200 after I got my new XT3 GSX.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Room in that metal trash pile for one more......?!?! : /
😄 Oh, the pile is an ongoing thing of metal parts & pieces and OPE that just don't work. Every so often, people down on their luck want to make a haul to get some cash for something and I just give it away.

Actually, I was rather surprised with the CC push mower. The outside build appearance looked great, liked the caster wheels and stuff. Then come to find out the engine was their first Chinese edition and parts hard to find. When the transmission died, that was it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
"The head of the nail, you did hit". My daughter's mower is really in very good condition and works great.........except......that "anti-propel" thing. Found some transmissions, both new and used from $50 - $120. Little research tells me that appears to be a weak link with this version for sure. I am a tight wad and wasn't figuring on expending that much moola. Never dreamed we would be so dependent on other countries.......'stuff'. : ( Good on ya for helping people 'recycle'. Got a question, Flaken. OPE ??

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
OPE
Is NOT Other Peoples Equipment! You'll find that the acronym OPE used here quite a bit. Stands for Outdoor Power Equipment. Essentially anything that has an electric or fuel motor and is used outdoors for easing the labor of a task.

·
Administrator
21,674 Posts
I am not familiar with this model so I looked up a parts diagram to get an idea what they are like. Is it possible that the pulley came loose from the shaft, possibly a loose set screw?

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
567 Posts
Did u pull the wheels off and check the gears if they are worn down allot theyay not engage

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really appreciate your input guys. I'm going to (re)remove, : /, blade, guards, belt, cable, rear wheels etc. and take a fresh look. Will keep ya posted. Flaken.....I was ready for you to come back with an OPE acronym with a somewhat ....'unrefined' meaning. lol. Thanks Gentlemen. Have A Good Weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts