My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, new guy here and I imagine this has been tossed around here many times already but here it goes again. I was hoping to get some reviews from both. These are the two brands I am dealing with because the dealers are within a close enough range. I have priced both with deck, snow blower, grass catcher, and bucket but of coarse there are even different options there, LOL. The Cub with all the attachments and 52" blower is at 21,210 tax included, with the 45" blower 20,600. The Kubota with the same package but a 50" blower 20,685. I am going to go and take them both for a little test spin and see if either will budge on that price at all. So what do you guys think?

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Either tractor will do the job for you, IMO. I think it boils down to which dealer you feel the most comfortable with. Also which tractor you like the best during seat time.:fing32::goodl:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your comments. I am now looking at the Kubota BX2660. The Cub Dealer dropped his price to 20420.00 with the 52" blower now I still have to test drive the Kubota and see if he will come down at all he is at 20,600 now. If you check back Sam could you tell me why?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well after all the smoke cleared The Cub won coming in at 20,895 out the door and he is going to fill the rear tires and add the hydraulic turn for the blower chute. Seeing I really don't know what I am doing and you can't take these things and use them for a month before you buy them I hope I am making the right decision. I am going to order it tomorrow so I will post some pics when its here. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! I think you'll enjoy the Cub Yanmar. I've operated both and the Yanmar engine is a little smoother than the Kubota. Plus the Sc2400 has dual hydraulic pumps which is a nice feature and rare on sub-compacts. Either way you couldn't go wrong.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Were looking forward to the pics of it. I had a chance to watch a EX2900 at my house last week and it's a well built tractor. I'm sure you'll like yours. slkpk

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Like slkpk mentioned we are looking forward to some pics. Congrats!:congrats:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Nice looking machine. Only reason I prefer the Kubota over the Cub is that the Cub is a Yanmar being marketed by Cub / MTD while the Kubota is straight from Kubota and I’m just not overly thrilled with some of MTD’s practices. I think it’s all about the $$$ with MTD. The other issue I had was resale value. As far as the capability of the Cub verses the Kubota I think both will do the job. Just my two cents.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Sure looks like a nice setup from the tiny pics. Can you enlarge the pics so we can get a better eye on them. Congrats and enjoy it. slkpk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice looking machine. Only reason I prefer the Kubota over the Cub is that the Cub is a Yanmar being marketed by Cub / MTD while the Kubota is straight from Kubota and I’m just not overly thrilled with some of MTD’s practices. I think it’s all about the $$$ with MTD. The other issue I had was resale value. As far as the capability of the Cub verses the Kubota I think both will do the job. Just my two cents.
Heard that! Some of the JD's are made by Yanmar too and they both (Yanmar and Kubota) also build a very good small axillary marine engines that are grand until one of them needs parts - then ya find out what a 'deal' they really are....$$$$

1 - 14 of 14 Posts