My Tractor Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
forkz
6,277 Posts
it needed changing after 1000 hrs the trans is not susposed to be servicable but my bro serviced both sides runs like new

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Well THAT was 320 beans wasted! Managed for times of clearing tha area. About twenty hours total....back to where it was. So....I had to break the sad/bad news to the CFO (SWMBO) about getting THIS time (!) a new trans. Apparently I'm not even good once as I was!
Big deal. What's another 520 bucks? :(

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Okay....so $600 later and some sweat, the new trans is in. YAY! And, while on the jackstands, I did the purge. A few times fore/aft and it turns nicely. (see where this is going yet?) Put the wheels/tires on and torqued the wheel nuts down. lowere it from the jack stands. IT DOESN'T WORK!!! And yes, I verified the bypass rod was in and not engaged.
DANG!!!!

·
Super Moderator
37,121 Posts
Found the issue. It's simple. And....my own poor performance. All is well!
Might want to put up the solution so that others if they have the problem will know how to solve it. Glad you got it all working properly again though.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I would, PA318, but...due to my own 'shortcut/cheapness' I clearly screwed something up. No damage, except my own ego. Most likely nobody ANYwhere in MTF would have done this.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts