My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the drive belt tension-er belt spring on CC I1042. The replacement spring is really stiff and was wonder if there is a tool or similar for use in replacing the spring.

Any help, suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
I need to replace the drive belt tension-er belt spring on CC I1042. The replacement spring is really stiff and was wonder if there is a tool or similar for use in replacing the spring.

Any help, suggestions would be appreciated.
For heavy springs I've always clamped a vise-grip tightly below the hook to allow me extra leverage to get it hooked. Alternatively use a wire coat hangar on the hook to pull it on if clearance allows. WEAR GLOVES.

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Depending on if you have/can make a lever of some kind for the idler bracket the spring connects to, it may be easier and safer to take the belt off the idler, install the spring (which should be easier as it doesn't need to be stretched as much), then use the lever to move the idler so you can get the belt on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave and Steve thanks for the reply and suggestions. As soon as the weather gets a little better here in SW PA, I'm going to have a go at it.Hopefully with your suggestions, I be able to replace the spring.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts