My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day my Cub Cadet decided to let a set of rocker arm bolts come loose... at 4000rpm and that decided to bend a set of valves nick a piston and make a pushrod bend and attempt to make a pushrod go rocketship status and enter the Stratosphere. So I had to tear it down and the bores are worn .014 at this point I am thinking its a wonder this thing has not tried to send a piston into the Stratosphere so at this point it would cost too much to repair reasonably and even if I were to rebuild it it would be at a fraction of its former glory.

So now I need to replace its engine so I look where all reasonable people look... Harbor Freight their 670 almost perfectly matches with the mower other than it needs a pto shaft adapter (flywheel side) and a 1 in to 1 1/8 in spacer and this https://www.performance670.com/product-detail/predator-670-kohler-adapter and I will need to build a custom exhaust for it

Would there be anything else I need to worry about

Here is some info about the tractor it has a 54 in deck 2300 hours a Kohler 23 hp 674cc Twin a mint set of tow ropes and a fuel tank/crankcase vent reroute/catch can it is used for almost everything Moving trailers, moving trees , pulling small trees/bushes out , moving partial trees ,moving anything to big or heavy to be moved by hand , and to jumpstart stalled things.

Thanks, WRA :tango_face_grin:

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Assuming the HF 670 motor includes the exhaust in the picture (other manufacturers seem to sell the exhaust separately for their twins...), you may want to figure out what electrical needs your tractor has, and if the HF engine has a powerful enough alternator for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming the HF 670 motor includes the exhaust in the picture (other manufacturers seem to sell the exhaust separately for their twins...), you may want to figure out what electrical needs your tractor has, and if the HF engine has a powerful enough alternator for it.
I was going to build my own exhaust for it as I hate these stock exhausts because they are too restrictive. My plan was to start with 1 in pipe joining to a 1.5 or 38 mm pipe and going out to a dirt bike muffler I’ve had in the garage forever and the stock exhaust is to high and in the wrong position for the hood.

My other concern was the wiring that’s one of the main reasons I came to ask questions because this mower has been finicky in the past if any fuse blows i’D be willing to rebuild any harness I need to I just really need to know what’s in the engine harness

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
This a great project and I'm following it closely. I'm wondering if that engine and the adapter in the link you posted would work on a CC2166 that has a 16 hp single cyl. Kohler Command.... also will you have to modify the drive shaft length to allow crank side with pto clutch to line up with the mule drive?
Please keep us posted on this project along with pictures if possible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This a great project and I'm following it closely. I'm wondering if that engine and the adapter in the link you posted would work on a CC2166 that has a 16 hp single cyl. Kohler Command.... also will you have to modify the drive shaft length to allow crank side with pto clutch to line up with the mule drive?
Please keep us posted on this project along with pictures if possible.
I will do so it may be a week or two though before i post any updates because i head to Florida next week i hope to get this thing back running as soon as possible:tango_face_smile_bi

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s extracted (sorry bout the mess my garage is a lil full right now so I do not have much room)

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I am back after my very extended leave of absence with a update😅

·
That Guy
1,074 Posts
That was a bit of a break, but it's excellent to see you back!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was a bit of a break, but it's excellent to see you back!
thanks just had other things to do too cold really to work in the barn and there were cars in the garage didnt feel like moving stuff it is warm now so im back to working and the lawn needs mown and the john deer zero turn decided to crap a tranny at 59 hours for no apparent reason lol just bad luck i guess

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pto adapter came in all I seem to need now is a engine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts