My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in another forum before I seen this fourm.

I have a Cub Cadet Gt2544 with a 21hp Koler Command engine. The problem I am having is the oil light keep flashing on and off. I have changed the oil and filter but problem still there. I would appreciate any and all help. The engine only has 100hrs on it, so i know it shouldn't be worn out yet.
Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
just a thought, but it might be the oil pressure switch is bad, its right underneth the airfilter on the left hand side in front of the carb if your standing in front of the tractor looking at the engine, there is a little wire that plugs into it. I have a gt 2542 and mine went bad at around 10 hrs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Don't panic and start taking things apart. The flashing oil light is just a reminder that it is time to change the oil. It runs from the hour meter so changing the oil won't shut it off. It will quit on its own after a couple of hours and won't reappear until the next time you are due to change oil. It's a pretty cool reminder, but a little surprising the first time it happens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks that sound a lot better. I had started it and ran it for about 10min. and seemed to run ok. I figured if the oil pump had quite it wouldn't have run that long before crashing.
Thanks again!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts