My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cub Cadet Tiller
Have a 1973 model Cub Tiller that was my granfathers. I got it running a few weeks ago and used it in the garden. It is now on the second engine (5hp Briggs). I have been getting all of his old tillers running.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Lookin' good, Flint! I have a 562 Cub front-tine tiller for raised beds and I really like it. One pull and it's running. You say you have other tillers?:wwp:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was a picture of me when I was about 10. I do have other tillers. I have a Troy Bilt Pony, Troy Bilt Junior (with clinton engine(need to get running), Cub Cadet, Yazoo Rear tine Working on right now) and two Merry Tillers. I also have a few more to move to my house from my grandfathers I will get name brands when I get them. I also have several mower decks. Oh, and a snapper front tine (Need to get running).
Pics of Yazoo: http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=81414

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I used a front-tine tiller the other day to unfortunately break up ground. What a PIA that was!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I repowered a Springfield 3 1/2 horse Briggs with a 10 horse Honda. Lots of power, no control whatsoever! We still use the Cub for raised beds, but use a 3 pt 4 footer for flatland gardens.

Flint, do you have any pics of the Merry's? I don't think I've ever seen one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I repowered a Springfield 3 1/2 horse Briggs with a 10 horse Honda. Lots of power, no control whatsoever! We still use the Cub for raised beds, but use a 3 pt 4 footer for flatland gardens.

Flint, do you have any pics of the Merry's? I don't think I've ever seen one.
That is alot of power on that tiller, how do you hold on.
Greg

·
Registered
968 Posts
a tiller I found had a set of those spiked tines on them and I thought they were home made. So I put regular tines on it. How do the spiked tines work?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use the spike tines for fertilizer incorporation, works pretty good. Mine are homemade.
Greg

·
Registered
639 Posts
That is alot of power on that tiller, how do you hold on.
Greg
Holding on was a big problem. Hitting roots and holding on was a little bigger problem. The heighth of the Honda made it topheavy, too. I'll give it one thing, it stayed in the ground!
Thanks for the Merry pics. Are those aeration spikes in the ad? And they say that's a new idea!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holding on was a big problem. Hitting roots and holding on was a little bigger problem. The heighth of the Honda made it topheavy, too. I'll give it one thing, it stayed in the ground!
Thanks for the Merry pics. Are those aeration spikes in the ad? And they say that's a new idea![/QUO

They are aeration spikes.
Here are some shots of mine.
And the MF65 and MF 1085 just for fun with the JD 4440.
Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone ever take a front tine tiller and make a frame setup for it to pull behind a tractor? Friend and i were discussing this the other day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are a few on this board. Here's a recent one...
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=79094

Flint, nice herd of tractors. A friend has a 1085MF and says it's the easiest thing he's ever had on fuel. A you going to get the Merry running?
I'd like to try thatching with a front tine sometime. Might be worth the shop time.
Got the Merry's running last weekend. Running great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts