My Tractor Forum banner

Cub Cadet 7265 Fuel Shutoff Solenoid

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  X97schultz 
#1 ·
My CC 7265 died in the field today while using the PTO.

When I try to start it the engine will fire as long as the key is in start position. When I turn the key back to run I hear a loud click near the injectors and the tractor dies. I think it is the fuel shutoff solenoid working in start mode but not in run mode.

I can't find this solenoid part in any of the regular parts listings and diagrams. Any advice on the part number for this thing, cross reference, any other ideas in case I'm way off base?

TIA:thanku:

#2 ·
I did find out that the part number is MA-30A87-10400 or (00094 for the new one). It is list at $150. I'm hoping someone on here has an idea on how to test the unit before removing from the tractor and replacing. I'd like to be sure I'm on the right path before just replacing parts.

Appreciate any input.

#3 ·
I'm putting this comment in more as note keeping than anything else. I don't think this is a very popular tractor as I rarely get replies to my questions.

I found that the Cub Cadet 7265 was manufactured by Mahindra for MTD and has a Mitsubishi S3L engine.
The fuel shutoff solenoid has two circuits, one energizes the coil which pulls in the pin for starting (Red wire to Common which is Blue or Black) and a second coil to hold the pin during operation (White To Common). My symptom was that the engine would start and run for a variable number of minutes then it would die like the key was turned off. It didn't smoke, sputter, etc. just died. As you can see in this thread I replaced the solenoid back in 2015 but it failed again.

To test the solenoid remove it from the tractor (keep track of the number of exposed threads so you can put the new one back very close to the same depth. These tractors have a problem with the solenoid connector not sealing well and I did find green corrosion on the female side of the connector which I cleaned off with a wire brush. There should be 1.0 ohm of resistance between red and black and 1.0 ohm between white and black. I found that I had the 1.0 ohm on one circuit but 13.0 ohms on the white circuit. So the solenoid would retract to allow starting but was not strong enough to hold the pin against the spring pressure. The pin would eventually return to a non-energized state and push the fuel injector pump rack all the way off making the tractor die.

I also found the solenoid on Amazon for $50 rather than the $150 that the parts suppliers wanted.

Thanks for reading.

#4 ·
I'm putting this comment in more as note keeping than anything else. I don't think this is a very popular tractor as I rarely get replies to my questions.

I found that the Cub Cadet 7265 was manufactured by Mahindra for MTD and has a Mitsubishi S3L engine.
The fuel shutoff solenoid has two circuits, one energizes the coil which pulls in the pin for starting (Red wire to Common which is Blue or Black) and a second coil to hold the pin during operation (White To Common). My symptom was that the engine would start and run for a variable number of minutes then it would die like the key was turned off. It didn't smoke, sputter, etc. just died. As you can see in this thread I replaced the solenoid back in 2015 but it failed again.

To test the solenoid remove it from the tractor (keep track of the number of exposed threads so you can put the new one back very close to the same depth. These tractors have a problem with the solenoid connector not sealing well and I did find green corrosion on the female side of the connector which I cleaned off with a wire brush. There should be 1.0 ohm of resistance between red and black and 1.0 ohm between white and black. I found that I had the 1.0 ohm on one circuit but 13.0 ohms on the white circuit. So the solenoid would retract to allow starting but was not strong enough to hold the pin against the spring pressure. The pin would eventually return to a non-energized state and push the fuel injector pump rack all the way off making the tractor die.

I also found the solenoid on Amazon for $50 rather than the $150 that the parts suppliers wanted.

Thanks for reading.
Thank you for this information! I have the same issue with my 7265 Cub Cadet. Click sound then dies and randomly restarts.

I see you got a deal on the solenoid through Amazon - when I search I only find units around 200 bucks. Do you mind sharing the information on the one you bought from Amazon?