My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted last fall about buying a Cub Cadet 633 backhoe attachment to put on my Cub Cadet 7264 SCUT. I bought it and I’m getting it installed now. My question is hydraulics. There are no hookups on the back of the tractor, or anywhere for that matter... at least not that I can find. The 7264 is supposed to receive a 612 backhoe attachment. Does that one have a hydraulic pump on the attachment? Should I tee off an existing set of lines or pick up a PTO hydraulic pump? Those things look a bit pricey at around $600-$700, but I got the never-installed backhoe attachment pretty cheap. I don’t know if the existing pump will run the bigger cylinders on the backhoe. Anyone faced this dilemma before? Thanks!!

·
22,672 Posts
The cylinders may be larger, but they are single cylinders for each function while a loader has a pair for each function. The same pump will operate both the loader and the hoe.

You will need a power beyond kit for the loader valve set. There are two ports on the return side of that valve. One of the ports should have a hose going back to the reservoir and have "R", RET, or "T" , TANK cast into the body beside the port. The other port will have something different cast into the body and is the location for the power beyond kit, which may be as simple as a plug which screws into the interior of the port from which a second hose will go back to the "P" port of the back hoe valve set. The opposite end of the back hoe valve set will have a return port which goes to the reservoir via another hose. The two return hoses (loader and back hoe) may be Teed together at the reservoir.

Parts needed for the hydraulic circuit:

• Power beyond kit..
  • Hose between the loader and back hoe valve sets.
  • Hose from the back hoe valve set to the reservoir.

- Additional fittings and mounting brackets as required.

If it is desirable for the hoe to be dismounted periodically, 2 sets of quick connects are required, one male and one female for the tractor side, and the same for the hoe. Shut off the engine when disconnecting the quick connects and do not start until the tractor side set has been connected back together or there is a risk of pump damage. It is also good practice to connect the two hoses of the hoe together to keep dust and dirt from contaminating them while it is dismounted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the meticulously detailed response. You answered every question I had (with great news) and set me on the right path.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is a power beyond kit something that needs to be from Cub Cadet or is it an after market kit that can be used for different tractors? The dealers around here seem baffled by all this.

Thanks...

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have a 7194 Cub Cadet with a loader, it has a power block on the right side about straight down from the loaders control levers. If yours has a loader then it should already have the block. My block looks just like this one on the Post near the bottom of the page.

·
22,672 Posts
Is a power beyond kit something that needs to be from Cub Cadet or is it an after market kit that can be used for different tractors? The dealers around here seem baffled by all this.

Thanks...
The simple solution is to purchase it from Cub Cadet, although it may be slightly cheaper from a hydraulics shop, if you have the make and model of the valve on the tractor. It may even already be installed from the factory, but I doubt it.

Search "power beyond kit" for some examples of what it may look like after installation, and how to install.

The hydraulic block mentioned by 9297oldram is an option that can be used instead of shutting down the engine when connecting/disconnecting the hoe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts