My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most 3000 series decks use striping rollers on the rear of the decks. The rollers are very expensive from CC.

I have found that these: (Stens 210-175)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KU72HU8?tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-org00-win10-other-nomod-us000-pcomp-feature-scomp-wm-5&ref=aa_scomp_srdg2

are MUCH cheaper and work well.

You need to drill the center holes to 3/4", but that is no big deal. I find that a step bit(w/max diameter of 3/4") works well and I usually drill half way from one end and then flip and drill the rest of the way from the other end.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Good way to get around outrageously priced OEM parts. Good work.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Nice find. Mine are a little chewed up but I'm not ready to replace them yet. Good to know there is a less expensive option when the time comes.

·
Ejl in Pa.
264 Posts
Most 3000 series decks use striping rollers on the rear of the decks. The rollers are very expensive from CC.

I have found that these: (Stens 210-175)

Amazon.com : Stens 4 210-175 Deck Rollers for Dixie Chopper 67240 Classic Silver Eagle Xtreme : Garden & Outdoor

are MUCH cheaper and work well.

You need to drill the center holes to 3/4", but that is no big deal. I find that a step bit(w/max diameter of 3/4") works well and I usually drill half way from one end and then flip and drill the rest of the way from the other end.
I've done something similar with these boat trailer rollers. Bored them out and inserted brass sleeve bearings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts