My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble starting this motor at times.Pulling the starter rode is hard to do sometimes like the motor has to much compression. Also when it fires it sometimes Snape's the rope right out of your hand. Sometimes it pulls over and feels normal. When it starts it runs fine. Wondering if any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts
If you pull the starter again right away, does it do the same thing, or does it spin/start up fine?

This kind of thing generally only happens to me if I tilt the mower on it's side or gas leaks through the carb and accumulates in the cylinder, and I fix it by taking out the spark plug, pulling the starter a couple times, then reinstalling the plug.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you pull the starter again right away, does it do the same thing, or does it spin/start up fine?

This kind of thing generally only happens to me if I tilt the mower on it's side or gas leaks through the carb and accumulates in the cylinder, and I fix it by taking out the spark plug, pulling the starter a couple times, then reinstalling the plug.
I put a new carb on it but doing the same thing.. it seems the first or second pull is when it does it and seems to have a lot of resistance.i have to try the sparkplug removal and see if that helps. It says in the manual that when you tip it on its side to have the carb up.

Valve adjustment seems to have cured the problems. Pulls over easier now and starts right up. Found the intake valve was .006 and the exhaust .008.

Valve adjustment seems to have fixed the problem. Found the intake was .006 and the exhaust was .008. Set them both to .004 and the rope pulls easier and starts right up.

Thanks Dave!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts